1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Potty training question

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by pray2god, Apr 5, 2012.

1. pray2god

pray2god Senior IL'ite

My DD is close to 21months and we started potty training a week back. She goes to a home based daycare so it makes a difference on how long it is goin to take. I have been regularly taking her to the potty every half hr in the morning and evening. Her daycare takes her abt 3 times during the day. At home i keep her only in underwear whereas her daycare says she cant get her out of the pullups till she knows how to go in the potty as cleaning etc will be hard with so many children.
    So far my DD hasnt pooped/peed even once on the potty even though she offers to go sit on it many times. How do I get her to go? I feel she is holding it back. I feel she is liking the idea of the potty but she cries when she feels like going and refuses to go on the potty even though she knows she wants to go.

Also when she accidently pees in her underwear she starts crying even though I keep reassuring to her it is ok and try to give her a sticker now and then for just sitting on the potty.
    ANy tips will help? I am confused and not sure if I am doing anything wrong?
    Thanks

2. indhushri

indhushri Senior IL'ite

hi sister,

potty training is not as tough as we expect...i want to share my experience in the same.Is she able to understand ur mother tongue?

my DD is now 2.3yrs old.When i initially started potty training (When she was 18 months or so)she also opposed and cried ..but now i don't put her on diapers whenever she is awake.And now as she is able to understand everything we speak,she is doing it .When she did her potty on the trainer for the first time we all clapped and appreciated that..she liked it...not only my DD ,guess all kids like appreciation and encouragement .Try that...Also if she denies ,please don't force her..it will make negative results...try PT after 1 or 2 months...it's ok..what if she does it late?..be patient.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2012
    1 person likes this.