Positive One! Thanks To God! First Ever And Natural Pregnancy At 40

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by Pournami75, Sep 20, 2016.

1. Pournami75

Pournami75 Bronze IL'ite

I am writing here to Thank God! as well as to say there is hope. I am 38 weeks pregnant and expecting a baby boy soon. First ever and natural pregnancy at 40. Married for more than 10 years.

Had irregular periods due to PCOS since 23. Got married at 30 and diagnosed with hyperthyroid. I used to be irregular on my medications so irregular periods continued for some years. All other reports were normal for both of us like SA for husband, no fibroid, both tubes were open, ovulation, progesterone levels etc. At 35 took things bit serious but still used to forget many days to take pills. But somehow managed to get periods not more than one or two weeks late once in a while. At 37 tried one round of IUI which failed. Then year back had all tests again including AMH. Everything was the same/normal with AMH more than 50. Due to other reasons didn't want to go for IVF. Left to God, neither tried actively nor restricted. We started continue with our routine life.

My period got missed which was not uncommon so didn't care much. After 7th week had nausea and vomiting when went hungry for long time which was unusual and also prolonged sore breast. Usually I get sore breast week after ovulation which goes away with periods. That's when checked HPT, and boom it was a positive. Since it was a late pregnancy had all the tests including genetic testing. Everything came out normal. Finally here counting days to hold my LO.

Even at 38 weeks I am not able to believe that I am going to have my baby, feels like a dream that I am going to wake up shaking my head. I read many threads here how they die hard to hold their LO. Just want to say there is hope.

2. ashima10

ashima10 Platinum IL'ite

Congratulations ! happy delivery and blessed life ahead too!

masha6125 and Rihana like this.
  3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Congratulations and all the best for safe delivery. If we have hope and faith in God anything can happen . A friend of mine also delivered at the age of 40. So dont worry and take care.

masha6125 and ashima10 like this.
  4. svaac

svaac Silver IL'ite

Thanks for sharing . Post of this kind really boosts my belief that some day I will also be holding my LO. Much needed for my state of mind now :)

Congratulations and have a safe delivery :)

minn1 and ashima10 like this.
  5. MNR

MNR Gold IL'ite

All the best for your pregnancy.

6. itsme88

itsme88 New IL'ite

Hi Ladies,
    I am planning to conceive from past 5years and no luck still. After taking 5 cycles of IUI now i guess i have only option of IVF. Has anyone recently visited Dr.Samundi Sankari?Does she treats all the fertility problems for men too? Please post if anyone has visited her recently and share me your personal experience.

7. waiting4rmlong

waiting4rmlong Gold IL'ite

Thank You Pournami75 for your attempt to writing here and writing your motivational experience. Definitely it would boost others. All is in God's hands. Only belief is ours.

ashima10 likes this.
  8. msms

msms Gold IL'ite

Congratulations @Pournami75!

Thanks for sharing the news here..:). Stories like yours really boost our confidence. Its all in almighty's hands. Thats what we understand in each and every success story. Hope to get answered our prayers too very soon.

Good luck for delivery! Have a safe one..:)

ashima10 likes this.
  9. joylokhi

joylokhi Platinum IL'ite

Congrats and wish you a very comfortable delivery and lovely child. Take care.

MKeerthi likes this.
  10. rai

rai Platinum IL'ite

Congrats Pournami75. Wish you wellness nd happiness.