Poo Mudi - Need Advice

Discussion in 'Queries on Religion & Spirituality' started by Itsmeish, Oct 6, 2016.

1. Itsmeish

Itsmeish New IL'ite

Hi ,

I have made a vow to Tirupathi 1.4 years back that , i will give poo mudi... However it has not happened till now.. So can i cut my hair in between in the parlor.... it so happened that by mistake a blade accidentally got stuck in my hair and few hair came out... I am very confused on the below questions

can someone cut their hair in parlor before their wish come true or should never cut it at all till it comes true or after the wishes come true, we dont cut in the parlor and wait till we give it in tirupathi
    (or)

can i give poo mudi now, cut in the parlor after my vow wishes comes true, again give poo mudi...

What are the exact procedures for Poo mudi... please guide and help

Thanks in advance for sharing the knowledge.

Best Regards
    Itsmeish

2. mrunalini01

mrunalini01 Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Hi Itsmeish

I would say, Its all devotion behind this vow traditions.

It was happened by mistake. Nothing to worry. God is everywhere, He is omnipresent. You can visit nearby Lord Venkateswara Temple.

If its not happening to visit Tirumala make a sincere prayer to Lord Venkateswara to allow you. He will definitely listen and show his kindness.

As in our case we offered mudi after our wishes fulfilled. In general practice many people do so. Rest depend on your family traditions.

Stay blessed.

Itsmeish likes this.
  3. Itsmeish

Itsmeish New IL'ite

Thanks a lot Mrunalini mam for your kind guidance

Yea i am thinking to give poo mudi now with a sincere prayer (though my vow not fulfilled) and even it out in parlor and again give poo mudi once the vow is fulfilled... I thought about this because i am not i am not sure when my vow will be fulfilled... hoping this would be fine...

Hoping for the lord blessings ; Thank you once again..

Last edited: Oct 11, 2016
    mrunalini01 likes this.
  4. Laxmikrsnan

Laxmikrsnan Silver IL'ite

Hi

The basic fact is that "He does not bless us based on what we offer Him - Nevertheless, He is always blessing you with what is good for you."

Then, why do we place an offering to Him... it is only for our own solace and confidence to give us an impetus to say that we have tried all the ways possible.

If your prayer is answered.. thanks, it was destined to be so.. If it is not answered, it is because it was not good for you.. If a child insists on eating a fruit which will give it an asthmatic attack, its mother would not allow the kid to have it however much the child cries for it... So consider yourself blessed...

So said, it should also be said that we have to live up to the commitment. Go give the offering when you can.. Leave the rest to Him.

Remember... He is always blessing us...

Itsmeish and SunPa like this.
  5. Itsmeish

Itsmeish New IL'ite

Thank you Laxmikrsnan :)