plz share ur views and opinions

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by shrutidunwoody, Jan 15, 2010.

1. shrutidunwoody

shrutidunwoody Bronze IL'ite

Hi annavarapus

I know what ur saying is right regarding the male and female doctors...But i am a bit uneasy about the male doctor or a radiologist doing a hsg...if it would have been a normal abdominal sonography it would be ok but it is a hsg...My husband also says the same thing that if we would have been in india we had the option to choose but this is U.S...So i have told him till next one month until feb lets ttc then if nothing happens lets go for hsg...I am really scared to go for hsg at this moment...Also heard it is a painful process...I am actually confused...

I must really salute all the ladies who are ttc and have undergone en number of treatments in a positive manner...Hats off to them...I just hope i gain some courage from them...

Regarding the reports , i will call her next week to give it...

Thanks for reading my post and giving me valuable suggestion...tc

2. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

HSG is not that worst. You can bear the pain of it. May be a pain killer pill will do good.
    There are some threads on HSG. Read them. You may feel better on it.

Actually i am also one like you. Hesitant to go to male docs even radiologist. Till now managed it other than during HSG time. Don't worry. You can choose now for famale. But when the time comes for a male doc to attend to you, relax, it will be fine in the end.

3. shrutidunwoody

Hi Vasumathy

Thanks for ur consoling reply...yest i was very depressed...so many things going on in my head whether to go for hsg or not...my age also is running faster...

Ya i read the hsg forum...After reading their experiences, felt better...

How did u face hsg ? How many doctors were there... How did u overcome it ?

I just hate going to doctors...By the way hsg is to see whether the fallopian tubes are open or blocked correct...by the test can we know whether ovulation is proper or not ?

Waiting for ur reply Vasumathy...And thanks again for ur suggestions...tc

4. shrutidunwoody

Re: treatment before taking clomid

Hi drpreeti again

I just had a question...hsg is done to see whether there is any blokage in the fallopian tubes correct...in that test can we come to know whether ovulation is happenning properly or not..plz can u tell me regarding this...

Thank u preeti...tc

5. Happysoul1234

Happysoul1234 Gold IL'ite

maybe it's just me but I have had bad experiences with indian female gyns (trained in india). they never explain anything properly, are always in a rush, never on time and speak to me like I am a junior kg class student who does not understand anything. I've tried several different indian gns in the bay area and always had the same experience. I think it's because we are indian and younger to them so they behave like auntyjis rather than a competent doctor.

now this is just my experience so I do not mean to paint all indian ob-gyns as being this way.

now I have a female indian abcd gyn and I am very happy with her. she understands my concerns, answers my questions honestly and makes me laugh. quite a feat!

6. shrutidunwoody

Hi pmahensa

U are 100 percent right on wat u said that they treat us like junior kg kids...I just laughed on seeing ur phrase because my gynec treated me in the same manner...She constantly explains like a teacher and after explaining to me and my husband, she says "any questions" with a pause...And if we have any questions , she talks in a very blunt manner...So after sometime if she says "questions" me and my husband look at each other and say nothing... The question of laughing is far ,she not even smiles...

Anyways it is different from person to person...I m still on the hunt of a new ob gynec... tc

7. Drpreethis

Drpreethis Gold IL'ite

Re: treatment before taking clomid

Shruti.. In a HSG, we get to know about any blockade in the tubes.. which also means that if there is none , there isnt any problem with the ovulation cycle related to the release of egg ie., the egg getting released from the ovaries is also a part of the ovulation cycle..

But, hormonal imbalances can also disrupt the ovulation and there are more factors to that. Like PCOS and so on.. So, HSG is just one part of checking wether all is fine.

Now the blood that is drawn helps in checking the hormonal levels.

So when HSG and blood work is done together, then they rule out the hormonal imbalance and blocks.. So, they treat you with fertility drugs which will induce ovulation .. Then they track your follicles and check wether good ones get released i that cycle. When they find one, they suggest timed IC and follow up later.

8. annavarapus

annavarapus Senior IL'ite

HSG is a normal process to check for any blockage in the fallopian tubes.The cramping after the HSG can be controlled by the pain killers.I don't think HSG will be helpful to find out about ovulation.Generally dr's suggest a blood work 7 days past ovulation (Generally Day 21-27)to check for the progesterone level.The prog. levels indicate whether you have ovulated or not.

9. shrutidunwoody

Thanks anna again for ur reply..I will check it out once i have a new gynec coz the gynec has to tell me that and my gynec just told me i need to do a hsg to check whether the fallopian tubes are ok...

I told her about my ovulation problem but i am not sure why didnt she tell me to check my progesterone level...

Anyways i am not even comfortable to talk her and she does not answer properly...We are finding a gynec soon...

U take care and have a good weekend...

10. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Shruti,
    Relax. Stress won't help you!
    Coming to HSG, there were 2 ladies & a man who operated the x-ray machine.
    I was not scared for a HSG, as don't know it will create pain before but i read how it works & what i will know from it before hand. None of those people explained me what is it about.
    After reaching home, in my room, i cried for two reasons! I hope you can guess the reason for both.
    HSG will clear you on Uterus position/condition & fallopian tube condition. It can't predict your ovulation.

Ovulation can be predicted by OPKs, BBTs and cervical mucus if you don't see a doc. Follicular study & blood tests along with gynec's help will also help in knowing your Ovulation.

Be cool baby.
    Baby dust to you!