1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

please save my marriage. Need help. urgent!

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by moumee, Nov 22, 2013.

1. moumee

moumee New IL'ite

Dear friends, i am married for the last three years. ours was a love marriage. we were desperately in love with each other and got married in 2011. life was blissful. however about one and half years back we face some problems because of our in-laws. My husband suddenly wanted out, left our home for a week to shifted somewhere else. however within a week he came back, apologised and said he has realized his mistake. i was more than happy to forgive him. I love him to bits and cannot think of living without him. After he returned back, things were good again. we loved each other a lot. he took good care of me. i have been a faithful and good wife. have been with him physically, mentally and financially in every step of his life. i have kept my marriage and my husband before everything. Though we used to have our share of fights, i was once or twice a month. Three months back my husband had to shift to Mexico for an assignment. i could not join him immediately as my Visa was under processing. i came to Mexico last week to join my husband. these three months he called me everyday and used to tell me how much he is looking forward to my visit. he went to recieve me at the airport and seemed happy with my arrival. Two days were wonderful. he treated me very well and took good care of me. On the third evening we had a small argument, and suddenly my husband asked me for a divorce. he said that he does not want to live with me anymore and that i should return back asap. he said that these three months he has realised that he is happy without me. i am sure he does not have any other girl in his life an i also know that he loves me ( a wife can instinctively feel it right) i am unable to understand his behaviour. i tried talking to him calmly but he is refusing to talk. he is only saying that he is not happy in this marriage and he wants a separation. i am devastated, i dont know what to do. if i give in to his pressure and go back from mexico, then i'll loose everything, on the other hand he is not even talking properly with me and its becoming difficult to live like this. I love him to bits and i know that he loves me too, but he thinks that we are too different from each other and hence not compatible. Had there been a very good reason for separation i would have still understood. We have a few differences and fight once in a while, which couple doesnt? does it mean we should end our marriage because of it. i love him very very much and cannot even think of living a life without him. i'll die if he leaves me. i have not begged or beseeched infront of him because i dont want to look needy. i have tried to talk to him calmly but it did not work. i am with him in Mexico for two months, and in these two months i have to make him fall in love with me again. i have no one to turn to for advice, hence this post. please please tell me what should i do. i want to save my marriage and I love my husband a lot. if you read this post please send one prayer to heavens and ask god to save my marriage. Please advice , i'm in desperate need of help.

2 people like this.

2. Radhai

Radhai Platinum IL'ite

what were the fights about, especially the last one that broke the camel's back?

3. sweetypi

sweetypi Platinum IL'ite

(a) What did you fight about ?
    (b) Does he threaten divorce often ? And are you the one that mends fences ?
    (c) Do you know what kind of happiness he had over the past three months ?
    (d) Are your ILs brainwashing him ?
    (e) What grounds does he want to divorce you on ?

Last edited: Nov 22, 2013
  4. moumee

moumee New IL'ite

Nothing much. We had gone out in the evening, when we returned home i tried hugging him and he pushed me away. i asked him the reason of his behaviour. We werent even fighting. one thing led to another and suddenly he said that he wants a divorce and that he cannot live with me anymore.

5. moumee

moumee New IL'ite

he had asked for divorce only once about one and a half years back. he also acted on his decision and had left home to stay somewhere else. i was hurt beyond words and did not even try to contact hime them. After a week he himself returned back apologised. Things were ok after that. During these three months when we were away, he called me everyday and made arrangements for me to vsit him. Now when i have come to him, he's trying to push me away. he doesnt even talk to me. i am devastated and confused.

6. TheAlchemist

TheAlchemist Silver IL'ite

Just sent in my prayer request. Sincerely hoping you succeed :thumbsup

You came to the right place for advice. By tomorrow this time I guarantee you will have full clarity on the situation so you will be in a much better position to decide the way forward :cheers

2 people like this.
  7. sokanasanah

sokanasanah IL Hall of Fame

"Too different" - in what way? How does he articulate the 'differences'?

Did he marry you against their wishes? What was the stance of the two sets of parents / extended family?

8. simpleMom

simpleMom Gold IL'ite

If he wants out, I see no point in you wanting in. But for you to opt out, you should have had a life other than marriage. It does not seem like you have any life outside of your husband.

I have no suggestions regarding how to save your marriage. But please have life of your own - thriving career comes to my mind.

5 people like this.
  9. moumee

moumee New IL'ite

First and foremost, thank you all so much for reading my post and responding. i am all alone here and have no one to talk to. Cannot thank you all enough for being there!

My husband says we are too different. he says i am too emotional while he is too practical. He has nothing further t say. My father-in-law and mother-in-law were not happy with our marriage as he is a punjabi and i'm a bengali. they wanted a punjabi bride for their son. so far we have had a good life..yes we had occasional fights but who doesnt have?

And simplemom.. i do have a life. i'm an MBA and work in the HR dept of an MNC in a good position. i have a reasonably good social circle as well. but the fact remains that for me my husband and marriage come before everything else. i have come here to be with him for a few months and presently on leave. My husband was looking for ward to my visit ( atleast that is what he repeatedly said) and made all the arrangements. His sudden change has thrown me off guard. i love him to pieces and thats why dont want to lose him. My mind is not working hence sought help from you all..

3 people like this.
  10. sokanasanah

sokanasanah IL Hall of Fame

Unhappy enough and devious enough to make trouble?

And how does this difference manifest itself in your lives? In what is way is it detrimental to your happiness together? If I were to twist his arm to provide a 'for-instance', what would he say?

Why not? He owes you at least that much!
    Sorry for the questions. I simply want to get a better picture of you and the situation to the extent possible. I don't want to diss your man, but Mr. Practical is kinda being impractical with his "cuz-I-say-so!" response isn't he? How do you see your differences?

Calm response to the imputation :thumbsup - you strike me as a sensible woman!

1 person likes this.