1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Please Help! Stopped Depression Meds And Feeling Low

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by ShabnamF, Apr 6, 2017.

1. ShabnamF

ShabnamF Gold IL'ite

@jskls
    Do you have issues with dreams?
    I have been having very vivid dreams, sometimes bad dreams over the last 8-9 months now. Throughout the day the feelings/emotions I felt during my dream keep cropping up in my head making me feel the same way I felt while dreaming. It is very disturbing bcoz I suddenly feel fear or sadness or anxiety out of nothing. Sometimes, I cannot differenciate if a certain memory is from a dream or from reality. For example, there may be an ongoing issue at office, I must have dreamed something about it, next day at office I can't say if it was a dream or real. It takes me some time to realize it was a dream.
    These unwelcome feelings/emotions from my dreams disturb me especially in the first few hours after I wake up.

Have discussed this with my Psychiatrist, but he always brushes it off.

jskls likes this.
  2. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Shabnam dreams and me a dreadful combination:) not just now, I have been fighting these dreams from my teenage. I have many threads on my dreams in spirituality section. It took me long long time to accept it and move on. Many who don't experience it can't understand. Maybe your psychiatrist sees it as suppressed emotions. Since I follow hinduism I started saying shasti kavacham every single day its more than 2 yrs now. My dreams have subsided a lot I sleep better even if its for 4-5 hrs. I hardly get bad dreams these days. Only nightmare is my dreams on dogs. Im cynophobhic but dogs in my dreams play around me and don't hurt me. But the emotions that these type of dreams bring lingers for few hours or days. Funny that I just woke up after a dog dream and am seeing this post !

ShabnamF likes this.
  3. ShabnamF

ShabnamF Gold IL'ite

I am really glad that your dreams have subsided and you are able to sleep better now. True, only those who experience it can understand about the lingering emotions and how they disturb you.
    I forgot to mention in my previous post that these dreams make me scream in my sleep..my mom says that I scream almost every night. What do I do to stop dreams altogether. Just need to sleep peacefully without any dreams. I tried yoga nidra n another audio suggested by my Psychologist, both did not work.
    Yeah, funny that you read this just after a dog dream.

jskls likes this.
  4. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Shabnam, Do you remember your dreams ? Can you write it down in a dream diary ? Then probably you can analyze and see if there's a pattern. Do u get scared in your dream ? Try to address the innermost fear. Maybe it will help you get over it. As long as I was worrying about dreams invariably I would get one. I really don't know the reason of nightmares but I stopped giving importance to dreams and slowly they subsided.

maggi32 and ShabnamF like this.
  5. maggi32

maggi32 IL Hall of Fame

6. ShabnamF

ShabnamF Gold IL'ite

Hi Maggi!

Yes, I watched it, I had gone to Nellore to attend a colleague's wedding, I watched it along with my friends there. It was fun. I liked the 2nd half a lot, the movie has been made really well.

I have been having a lot of anxiety attacks, it first started when there was a bit of tension due to a situation at my work place, since then I have been having constant attacks. Using breathing exercises and listening to soothing music to divert myself. Thanks a lot for checking on me.

How are you? How are your injuries from the accident? Did you watch BB2?

maggi32 likes this.
  7. ShabnamF

ShabnamF Gold IL'ite

Yes, I remember some of them. I think it's a good idea, I will maintain a dream diary.

Yes, I get scared sometimes, but mostly I think I am worried about something.

I have stopped giving importance too, it was too bad in the beginning but got better gradually, I just hope they stop soon because I dream every night and it has started becoming a nuisance because I am now screaming at night and people in my family are noticing.

jskls and maggi32 like this.
  8. maggi32

maggi32 IL Hall of Fame

I too loved it. Costumes :hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes:

ShabnamF likes this.
  9. maggi32

maggi32 IL Hall of Fame

Thats like a good girl :beer-toast1:

ShabnamF likes this.
  10. maggi32

maggi32 IL Hall of Fame

Thanks dear i am doing gud. Just physios left but than that i am :)

ShabnamF likes this.