1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Planning To Divorce And Pregnant.. Please Advice Me.

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Blush, Oct 22, 2018.

1. Blush

Blush Senior IL'ite

@Rihana you must be a really mature person to give such clear advice. I really admire you.

As for your questions, I am in a very emotional state now. I am totally confused as to what to do. I cant reach a clear decision. I have frequent mood swings. One time I will think divorce is the best answer..next moment I have a feeling what if he really changed this time. I really dont want to live with a person I dont trust. But should I give him 1 more chance? I was bold that I can raise my son alone but raising 2 kids alone... Will I be able to do that? I dont know.

I dont understand why God is doing this to me.

2. Blush

Blush Senior IL'ite

I know. My decisions are changing every hour. Because I never in my dreams thought that I will be in a situation like this. My mind is not able to judge what is a right decision now. Even my parents, they are confused as to what to advice me.

No I wont be able to do that. Even if I accept him back, it will take a long time for my anger to go and for my trust to come back.

I feel this is the only option in front of me if I am not considering divorce. What other suggestion do you give? How can I go back to their house when I or my kids dont have any security there..
    Pls advice me if you feel there is any other better option.

3. Blush

Blush Senior IL'ite

My friend is herself divorced with a kid. She told me most marriages have problems and everybody lives with a lot of adjustments. She says its not easy being divorced. She feels he will really change for good now.

Yes I will consider this option. Thank you.

4. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

I feel this is the only option in front of me if I am not considering divorce. What other suggestion do you give? How can I go back to their house when I or my kids dont have any security there.
    Pls advice me if you feel there is any other better option.

Why is that a security issue for you and your kids if you get employed and your in-laws are supporive of you having realized what their son had done in the past? If you accept your husband for the sake of your children at sometime in your life, then, you need to accept his parents as well. I understand your anger which is justified. But if you decide to be with your husband for your children, your in-laws are ready to help, what is wrong in being with them? Are you suspecting their motivation is driven by shame in the society?

5. SinghManisha

SinghManisha Platinum IL'ite

Blush,
    I wish you tons of strength !
    I agree with Rihana . You call the shots totally. Don’t get emotional and decide anything right now. Don’t disclose your pregnancy to husband or Inlaws.
    Your inlaws worrying about their reputation is their headache. This should have zero impact on your decision.
    If you get back with your husband you will have to insist on lifetime access to all his accounts/ phones etc. Your lack of trust and respect is whole another issue. Are you ok with a lifetime of living with a husband that you hate and do not respect ?
    I am a mother to two kids. But I would still insist that you give your second pregnancy a good thought. If you are still sure definitely go ahead with it. But make sure you have the mental / emotional and financial strength to bring up two kids.

6. Blush

Blush Senior IL'ite

I am not against my in laws. In fact I know that they are on my side only. But problem is that my husbands place and my place is very far apart. My house is in a city. My husbands is many hours away in a small town. I had a job that I loved there and my son was studying in a reputed school. But when I left my husband and came here, I was forced to leave both my job and my sons school. In fact I was in such a state of mind that I forgot to even take my education certificates when I left. It is all stuck there in my in laws house. How will I get a job without certificates?

So my first condition for reuniting if it happens is that I want a to secure my job and my sons education first. In case if ever cheating happens in future, I shouldn't be forced to leave like this. Instead my husband should be the one leaving which will happen only if we live independently. I dont wish to separate from my in laws. They would be always welcome to stay with us. But me staying in laws house again is a big NO from my side. I want my husband to shift with me somewhere where we both will try to get a new job. Only if he agrees to this condition, I am willing to give him another chance.

7. Brevity

Brevity Gold IL'ite

You lost your bearing because he cheated. So I can understand your need to set up a new place where you will not have to move out, lose your job etc if he cheats on you again.
    Another thought is to differ your decision to until after your new baby is a year old. Let your husband move to your city. Give him access to your son and the new baby. Don't finalize anything during your highly vulnerable and emotional time. After having cheated on twice, you deserve this time to continue your pregnancy in peace. Let the higher power guide you when you finally make the decision.

8. lavani

lavani Platinum IL'ite

Your condition is very vulnerable to take any decisions. it is very sad that this happened at this time. i am not sure where you are living. If you are in USA and a perm resident, it is whole different story. It is easy , though not a cake walk.

also you being pregnant, any major decision is not advisable.

9. lavani

lavani Platinum IL'ite

how does she know things or he will change. sorry if you feel i am acting like a devils advocate.

happy married men do not loiter around. they have very clear patterns. money, career, drinks with friends , sports or movie, simple but predictable. some a extremely dedicated to family and kids. my H is now, he changed.

i am not sure, what to say. i always believe that there has to be a consequence for any improper action so it really imprints the other person that they will never do .

I have had a situation where couple of years back due to serious fight between me and my H and he hit me while supporting a female coworker. I asked him to leave the house with no contact with my kids. he was away for 6 months, it tore him apart and changed on what he wanted deeply. this happened almost 7-8 back.

10. GlobetrotterG

GlobetrotterG Silver IL'ite

Think practically and objectively , and decide whether you wanna proceed with the second kid.