planning to conceive..

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by Srbang, Oct 12, 2013.

1. Srbang

Srbang New IL'ite

hello ladies..

It is first time for me.....i had started medicine tht contains Folic Acid,name FOL 123,suggested by a gynec a year before.so i starte now....
    We r planning to conceive from next month..need some advices in regards of what to eat,should i visit to doctor for check up before planning ,is there anything to take care before planning ????

Last edited: Oct 12, 2013

2. Ansuya

Ansuya Platinum IL'ite

Yes. Start looking for an OB-GYN/nurse-midwife now. Find someone you are comfortable with. Go to a few health professionals before you decide on one - they will be responsible for your and your baby's care for the next year or longer, so it is important that it is a good fit both personally and professionally (for example, decide well in advance which hospital you would like to have your baby in, make sure you are aware of all your birthing options, etc.).

The health professional you choose will advise you about nutrition, exercise, supplements, and other issues. I was told to get a few booster shots (tetanus and others) before I started TTC. They will probably start you on a prenatal vitamin.

You can probably get by if you don't do all of the above, but why take a chance? Now is a good time (before things start to get really interesting!) to figure things out, while you're still in your right mind (those pregnancy hormones can be a roller-coaster ride).

Good luck!

1 person likes this.
  3. Srbang

Srbang New IL'ite

hey thanks Ansuya..:) really appreciate u r advice...will surely discuss wid my hubby..:)

Last edited: Oct 12, 2013
  4. luckwaves

luckwaves Platinum IL'ite

Dear OP,

Welcome to IL :)

If. Yours and your husband age is on your favour and If your periods are regular then I would say try naturally for 3 to 6 months . Track your BBT and have IC accordingly .
    Good luck dear

1 person likes this.
  5. Srbang

Srbang New IL'ite

Thanks Luckwaves...:)

yeah our age is 29-30, and my periods are also regular.