Planning Pregnancy For Next Year 2017

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by happymom2013, Jun 23, 2016.

1. happymom2013

happymom2013 Silver IL'ite

Hi Ladies,

I know this is too much to start a thread for this so early. But i just need some tips as well. So i wanted to create a thread. We are planning for our second kid in the early next year. I want to know if i should start taking Folic Acid/Iron tablets from now on?I am so weak already. I was anemic after my first one was born. Is there someone who is planning to get pregnant next year. Let's join and discuss about it :)
    Also should i visit the gyn before i take these tablets?
    Suggestions invited.

2. afcpreethi

afcpreethi Silver IL'ite

Hi HappyMom,

You can very well prepare your body for conception in this 6 months.

1) If you are overweight then you can reduce your weight first.
    2) If you have any PCOS or Thyroid issues you can take medications or life style changes to control them.
    3) Include Spinach atleast thrice a week to improve
    Hemoglobin
    4) Try to include fruits and veggis to your diet a lot
    5) If you can have avocado twice a week it will be very good for your egg health and it has folate as well.
    6) Please do visit a gyn and do a ultra sound to check for PCOS. Blood work for thyroid
    7) Try not to take any tablets and modify your life style , things will happen automatically

Cheers
    Preethi

dc24 likes this.
  3. Saisrujith

Saisrujith New IL'ite

hi all,
    pls let me know te stotras to get pregnancy

4. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

You can take folic acid tablets from 3 months before tour TTC.
    Eat iron rich food as you were anemic. Try to improve HB count. With pregnancy you will tend to loose HB again. Try to eat dates, fig, dry grapes, drum stick leaves and so on. Eat whichever you like and suit you.
    All the best.

dc24 and pinkydarling like this.
  5. deepthivinayak1

deepthivinayak1 Gold IL'ite

Hi,
    Before planning for second one, it's best to consult doctor. She will take some regular checkups. If any problem, she will inform early so that we can solve it before starting ttc. Start taking folic acid once u start planning. I don't want to get you scared or worried but I just like to say few things which I faced.
    Me and husband same planned to start trying start of 2016 . We met doctor last year in nov,she took test and everything normal(I had thyroid before) she asked me to take folic acid. We started slowly in December , once I start planning my periods became irregular.(40 days,50days)
    After 3 month,it became normal. We tried 5 month and couldn't succeed. We met the doctor and she suggest me to take Clomid and estrodiol to ovulate. After 3 cycle of Clomid, first month of HSG test(tube test), used diva cup and ovulation strip, I finally conceived. Now I am 7 week pregnant.
    So plan accordingly.baby dust to you.

(P.s... I don't want you to get scared , I just like you to know real fact)

happymom2013 likes this.