1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Physical exercises for today's kids................???

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by vidraghu, Sep 23, 2011.

1. vidraghu

vidraghu Platinum IL'ite

Here comes my another thought of my good old days :)

During our school days, after coming from school we used to play a lot for 2-3 hrs in nearby playgrounds and then only return to our home for doing our homeworks...Playing is a form of another physical exercise i believe... But in today's trend.. I feel playgrounds are being converted to villas and flats due to the increase in population... That's a different issue. Moreover, in those days, we had many playgrounds nearby our place itself and also there were many form of outdoor and indoor games to have fun with.. Also, we used to play in mud those days named "suranga pathai"(A hollow hole).. I think today's kids miss all those fun!

Today's kids are only restricted to indoor games i think... They have playgrounds but it is too far since the parents cannot send them alone to distant places..So,they would prefer to play in the area of their whole flat building..else they would play with their things in their home itself... At times, i would feel sad for them...

Also, i have seen boys playing cricket in front of our house due to place restriction... At times, i would feel it as a nuisance but at the same time, i would give them soft corner too at times...Since they do not have space to play...

Due to the lack of space of playgrounds, many fitness centers have arised to keep ourselves fit..But, how many of them really go there regularly? i do not know... I feel we have become dependent on machines rather than ourselves...Eventhough ppl go for walking, ppl who have become dependent on those machines are also on the rise!

Whatever it is, today's kids miss all those fun of playing in the playgrounds with the gang of their friends!To watch them play is another real fun i believe..Through those kinds of games, they can learn a lot :- Support, Understanding each other, co-ordination etc.... Today's kids, i feel they rise up fights even for the small petty things...

I do not know where the today's future kid is leading to???

2 people like this.

2. navs23

navs23 Platinum IL'ite

Good one Vidhya, it's becoming all work and no play these days. It used to be fun to watch children play in the grounds. Sadly, nobody plays these days and confine themselves to computers and video games, no wonder obesity is catching up in India too!

2 people like this.
  3. vidraghu

vidraghu Platinum IL'ite

Thanks navs for ur first spontaneous fb... what u told is rite! Thanks a lot for sharing ur views!

4. raji2678

raji2678 Gold IL'ite

Very true, combined with the high-cal stuff like burgers and finger chips.

1 person likes this.
  5. vidraghu

vidraghu Platinum IL'ite

thanks raji for ur visit and sharing ur words....abt the eating of more junk foods among kids!

6. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vidya..,
    Yes I pity todays kids not only do they have playground to relax their minds n get fresh entertaining exercise but also they do carry lots of home work and many have become addicted to video games internet games et al no wonder we are seeing many kids obese at young ages...

1 person likes this.
  7. vidraghu

vidraghu Platinum IL'ite

Ya... very true vj....Thanks for sharing ur views dear!

8. upfsabari

upfsabari IL Hall of Fame

You are right vidhya.. Also these days kids are more addicted to video games and tv which results in glasses to their eyes very soon.. I've seen many kids wearing glasses in the class of 2 or 3.. Its really bad.. :-(

1 person likes this.
  9. vidraghu

vidraghu Platinum IL'ite

Yes... You are right sabari... It's almost common nowadays i can say.... thank u so much for sharing ur views sabari!

10. knbg

knbg Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Nice post Vidhya....
    missed it all these days....
    I'm sure, your post would send most of us into guilt - trips......