1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Periods Issue.............

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by usp343, Jan 16, 2012.

1. usp343

usp343 New IL'ite

Hi All,

I am very new to this fouram but I have seen couple of post for irregular periods so thought of posting my problem here.

I am recently married and came USA in july 2011.After coming here I didn't get my periods for 3 months then I have discussed this problem with my doctor and she gave some pills and i got my period on 2nd OCT-2011.Again in 21st nov 2011 I got my next period but after that so far I didn't get so I am little worried.

I already did the pregnancy test and it is -ve not sure what is causing an issue.

Please help me if anyone has similar issues.

Thanks in Advance!!

Regards,
    Uma

2. shree

shree Silver IL'ite

hi,

change in climatic conditions is also a factor for irregular periods. also did u check the thyroid level this is one of the major factor. if u r planning for kids then that might also be a reason.

3. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

Lot of women here in winter miss one or more periods...its not uncommon. Even women who have lived in the cold climate all their lives have this happen. Also the stress of moving can affect. Just wait till spring and see if things sort themselves out. Use precautions though unless you are trying to conceive.

4. Pranjjal

Pranjjal Gold IL'ite

Some ques need to be answered then only one can give u the right suggestion.
    Firstly How old r you? then your periods are irregular always or first time u are facing this problem after coming to USA?? Did ur periods used to come in each month before. Did u took Contraceptive pill like I-pill for one day or few days anything like that. See if u always had a problem of irregular periods then you need a proper treatment from Dr and if it is not so what you can do is if your period comes this month or next month start taking birth control pill as per the directions given on it and after the cycle will complete ur period will come just take birth control pills for 3,4 months this will make ur periods come regular and then you can stop taking pills. And further u can decide u want to conceive or wants to do family planning.