1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Pediasure or Junior horlicks

Discussion in 'Baby / Kids Foods' started by Nivimum, Sep 12, 2013.

1. Nivimum

Nivimum Junior IL'ite

Hello Friends,

My Daughter is 20 months old....She is a picky eater...I feed her rice ,dal, veggies, fruits, Milk , Idli, dosa, Upma, Noodles, bread, egg, fish and chicken.
    But she eats very little :(

I am thinking about giving her any health drink....Could you suggest which is better junior horlicks or pediasure?

Thanks

2. Chitravivek

Chitravivek Platinum IL'ite

From my personal experience when I introduced pediasure for my DD she started liking it but her solids intake like rice, roti etc went very down. This was because pediasure was making her full the whole time and she didnt want to eat but was active. You can try Horlicks too. But yes as everybody would say Pediasure would help in weight gain but will have its own effects of keeping you DD full.

1 person likes this.
  3. vandanasrinivas

vandanasrinivas Silver IL'ite

hiii...

did she drink plain milk..when i consult Rainbow doctors(hyderabad,AP)..they just told try feeding plain milk..

4. Chitravivek

Chitravivek Platinum IL'ite

Completely missed it.. Horlicks or Pediasure can be given only after they hit 2yrs. Sorry didnt see your DD is 20 months old. Try giving her variety food in small quantity.

5. vadapallisudha

vadapallisudha Gold IL'ite

Chitra is very true. U should not add anything to ur lil ones milk till 2yrs. U can try adding crushed nuts to ur lil ones diet n milk if u r worried abt weight issues. Reg Pediasure my sister used to supplement her daughter's poor diet habits with Pediasure. She kept being fussy eater till 6yrs of age we have noticed that she never used to show signs of hunger and my poor sis used to have tough time to make her eat one meal in a day 2-3hrs is what she used to take to finish one meal. It is 2yrs back when the pediatrecian asked my sis to stop giving her pediasure and give plain milk did she showed interest to routine home-made food. Since she is got the habit of being fussy with solids it took nearly 2 good yrs for the lil one to know tastes of various foods now at the age of 8yrs she orders her fav foods for b'fst and lunch box.

Unless its of weight issues u r bothered of dont go for Pediasure. Try Ayurveda or homeopathy they sure must be having medicines to boost diet issues.

sudha

6. Nivimum

Nivimum Junior IL'ite

Thanks Ladies,

I will give her only plain milk and nutritious food...She likes plain milk without sugar.

7. pinky6

pinky6 Platinum IL'ite

for weight gain i gave my DD apple juice with some almonds and dates....i started this when she was 16 months old and now she is 4 and half years old still i give her apple juice for breakfast.

8. mathiravi

mathiravi Local Champion Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

my DS is 29 months.. I tried pediasure for him, however, he didn't like it. He was very comfortable with Junior horlicks. also, i gave him kanchi... so his schedule is like morning as soon as he gets up i give LO with kanchi mixed with milk, evening plain milk, night is junior horlicks..

9. anmolhai

anmolhai Platinum IL'ite

I gave pediasure to my dd as per Dr. recommendation. She liked it and it helped her a lot. She was under weight and extremely picky eater.

10. ramyaramani

ramyaramani Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I started soy version of pediasure when DD was 15 months old (after doctors advice). I give this to her only once in the morning. Once DD became 2 years old, I started junior horlicks as an alternate since her meal portion size improved.