1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Parent's should have one eye on school going boys and girls

Discussion in 'Schoolgoers & Teens' started by sumanrathi, Jun 12, 2013.

1. sumanrathi

sumanrathi IL Hall of Fame

Dear All

Sad to share.

Day before yesterday three XII standard boys murdered a ex XII standard boy who came to collect the TC from the school located at Kelkatalai - Chennai. This happened because of some ego clash.
    Just one day before i got the new that the school provided CCTV camera in all the class room and everywhere in the school but this incident happened out side the school. The school management try to control the student, how they can control if it is happened out side the school compound ?
    Parent's we are should aware not only our son and daughter character we should also know about his / her friends circle and their behavior, we should keep relationship with the respective parents this will help us to monitor them properly, Parents should paln accordingly and make a surprise visit and monitor them properly. Also whenever they are planning to have birthday party and all we should advice them to conduct the party at home not advisable to conduct the part in at other out side public places.
    As a Parent we have confident about our child because of the friends circle, circumstance and situation they act badly and it will affect our Child.
    Once we calibrate them until teen age rest of his / her life will be good.
    Hope all can understand the pain of the Parent who lost their son and think how to protect our kid.
    All Viewers pl. give your suggestion how to handle the Teen boys and Girls and protect them from illegal activities. Let us share and learn.

2. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

You are right sumanrathi.
    When i was doing my 12th from Delhi a similar incidence happened in my school.A class 12 student murdered grade 9student.It was a big news those days...because it happened in the capital of India.
    The reason was the grade 12 student was a drug addict....he and the grade 9 student had some issues which they decided to resolve outside the school.But it ended up in a murder...
    Yes parents should keep a track of their teenagers.
    i have seen many parents complain about mobiles...but i say mobiles are good.when kids go out you can give them mobiles and also upload apps which help them track...many such apps are free.But never let your teenager feel that you dont support them.Support and love from parents are all they need....its just that parents have to show a lot patience while handling teenagers at home.I for one was a complete rebel :)....but today i look back and feel guilty about being a disobedient teenager.My parents were more than patient with me is all i can say.

2 people like this.
  3. sumanrathi

Really true

We only realize when we are facing the same as parent.

We can give mobile but it should be basic model not to have updated technology. Do you awar how many illegal is happening due to the cam facility in mobile. You never ever belive such things are happening inside the school itself.

Until yesterday Delhi and Bangalor is unsafe for ladies from today onwards Calcuatta is also incuded, all these are because of teens are getting into illegal / bad activity.

4. Telja

Telja Silver IL'ite

nowadays teens are more aggressive and
    highly talented in all activities and
    more knowledge they got in illegal things
    .. new mobiles they have all sort of
    bad things.. also seen they start love
    affair at such small age and does things
    which are highly nt acceptable.. they
    just wants to show that they are not small
    and knows all things.. but leads to clash
    over many things which goes more dangers..

1 person likes this.
  5. sumanrathi

Yes off course

At last what happen because of careless of parent they lost the Son that too @ the age of 18 :( how much pain they have to bare how they will come back to normal life, we can only pray God for their whole life.

The other end that guy said I just through the stone that time i did not felt that he will die and ask sorry in front of police.
    Regarding the love and affection no words to say, feel guilty to talk in public highly hectic I never accept such thing which is happening in our highly cultured country. For this also we are Parent playing major roll in this we should talk to them what we have to do Which is good, How we should behave in the public, How we have to treat the boy or girl in the society, we never talk with them always running behind the money and save for our children's future but we are forgetting to teach the discipline and monitoring them how they are growing, instead of that we are providing all facility to get into social net work and our government also will allow all such illegal to be published in the net ....

6. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

You know, I am thinking, the more we try to control our kids, the more they will try to break-free, specially in teenage days. When my DD becomes a teenager, I probably will be more strict.

What could work is, expose them to everything but caution them about the ill effects of certain things. Having a girl friend is still a big taboo. If you say, dont talk to a girl/guy they are only going to think 100 times more about them. So, we could tell, you can still be friends but the first priority is always going to be studies, we have a better chance of winning. Where I live, if I tell my DD not to have a boy friend at all before marriage, I bet she would be ask if she is gay/lesb.

Of course you child lock a few things like **** in TV, disable anything inappropriate in Internet etc. However, dont forget to openly discuss about these things. The ony way to quench a curious mind is to give it the knowledge.

what say?

3 people like this.
  7. sumanrathi

yes, If we force them not to do they will tempt to do that ( we himself do the same in our day to day activity ) how come we can expect they can deviate the common thumb rule from our innocent kids,
    we have to discuss about the pores and corns of the related issues and teach them how to play safely in the teen age.

One thing we should accept this is the age a human can be happy and enjoy the life if they lost they can't get this once again, as a parent we should teach them about the limits for happiness and freedom, responsibility of studies, Culture of our custom & respect of our family and most important is Personal Health. They can have all fun without affecting all the above.
    Especially those who are NRI they should have more responsibility if they commit a mistake and caught by police next day new paper will publish " An Indian Boy or Girl caught ...... " this will not only spoil his / her family, will spoil our Nation too, we should make them to understand.

1 person likes this.
  8. chetavani50

chetavani50 Gold IL'ite

Yes. We have to deal very carefully with teenagers . They will turn out to be very arrogant if we impose strict rules on them. So we have to be friendly . These days not only teens, children of ages 11 & 12 are also having crushes and they talk about guys/girls . Advanced technologies are also to be blamed for this. The mobiles, tabs and TVs have all the worst content. But we have to regulate this by keeping an eye on them. And at the same time they should not know that they r being spyed.

2 people like this.