Palikaranai or Ramapuram - Buying apartment advice

Discussion in 'Housing' started by Gokool, Jan 12, 2012.

1. sstha

sstha Silver IL'ite

Hi Gokool,

We are planning to buy apartment in prestige properties porur. How is it? we are planning for 3 bhk. Is it worth buying there. please share your views.

thanks,
    swetha

2. manjulats

manjulats Silver IL'ite

Where exactly is this prestige porur project?How much sq ft they are offering?

3. Gokool

Gokool New IL'ite

Model 3BHK is very nice. Obviously it sud be good. But I felt too expensive, even a 2BHK cost 69L in prestige so I dropped. Location wise it is ok, I will not say so good! I personally dont like living in porur, although the bypass road is good but I dont like paying toll everytime and road till vadapalani is so bad, I have been travelling in that road for 4-5yrs always its so bad throughout the year.

Btw How is Ramaniyam Auroville project in thoraipakkam, they have few 2BHK flats available. Any idea?
    To my surprise, all big projects say flats are already booked! thats so surprising, 600-700 flats get booked in 2-3 months? I feel like all builders are blocking a huge volume of flats for later sale!

4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Gokool,

I find some of the roads in ramapuram/porur too narrow. and i shudder to think of the bottleneck traffic..i remember getting locked in ramapuram-saligrammam for 2.5 hours when the driver thought he can escape the traffic at the ashoknagar (due to metro)..

most of the bangalore based builders who set up in chennai have not delivered well..mantri, purvankara and now prestige..but prestige has done a decent job in bangalore and hope they may deliver too.and they have a premium marking. sobha is establishing at coimbatore..

ramaniyam though has been doing a good job has had delay issues as like other projects on omr.

do you have idea of hedging in flats..some of the buyers do that..and also builders, keep lock on the good ones and release once there is a demand too. sometimes it is all about waiting and hittng..

but yes, people are in a hurry to book, fear of missing the bus. and also we have a lot of moving population who have got jobs (Orissa, bihar, NE) and are looking to settle in chennai or they prefer to invest here..

2 people like this.
  5. manjulats

manjulats Silver IL'ite

I liked the purvankara project in Pallikaranai..

How much did they quote .4 months back it was 3399/ sq ft.The only thing was it will be ready only by 2013,the club house cost was also 1 lakh.

6. Gokool

Gokool New IL'ite

Antony Group launched its new project just back side of purvankara. Its in Vadakapatu road, kind of all big projects in the same area Isha,Navin,Vishranti and Purvan kara. But antony is quoting just 2890! I dont know why and they claim all first floor flats are booked. Almost all builders claim all flats are booked! I think as you mentioned they are holding flats and will release when the market is in boom.

What is scope for Vadakupattu area? Although it is 1Km from the main road people just rush here to buy a flat! why is it?

Last edited: Jan 24, 2012