1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

"Paint your Ambition" Contest

Discussion in 'Kids Korner' started by Laxmi, Feb 24, 2008.

1. RamyaVaradharajan

RamyaVaradharajan Bronze IL'ite

My dearest Shanthi ma'am,

Charu is such a lovely girl :kiss and has so much of talent that she is "gifted" in the real sense of the word, I would say. Children probably get tensed when it comes to big competitions. But, let alone in their own world of drawing, painting and imagining, they emerge as "queens" with bountiful colors !!

Just with one go, no one can identify the real winner of life. Am sure Charu has a bright future and that she is working "smart enough" for the same !!

All the very best Charu for you are not only gifted with an artistic boom, but "blessed with Lovely parents" !!!!!! :)

Regards with Love
    RamyaVaradharajan

NB:
    eager to see your creation !! Post it with guts and see the support that you get here at IL !! Who knows it might turn out to be the "best" of what we have seen from you (from our angle) !! :):)

Last edited: Mar 2, 2008
  2. Laxmi

Laxmi Administrator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Hi Shanvy

Sorry I am little late in this thread. There was some problem with my digicam so was not able to down load the pictures to my computer.

Please continue reading......

3. Laxmi

Just two days after Apuurva submitted her entry she got a call from the organizer informing us that she is selected as a finalist for the "Paint your Ambition" contest and we got invited to the function to be held in Chettinad Vidhyashram school.

I believe there was a total of 2300 entries submitted and out of which 50 best paintings were shortlisted by the College of Arts Students. Those 50 paintings were exhibited in the chettinad vidhyashram school and the participants were called for the finals. The coveted first prize was one lakh of rupees of sponsorship in three categories of age.

The Judges were Cartoonist Madhan and the school Principal Mr. Bhavani Shankar. The chief Guest of the evening was the actress Simran.

Though Apuurva did not win the coveted first prize, as the Judges appreciated coming to this level of finals by itself in winning. I encouraged Apuurva that there are miles to go and probably a greater success is waiting for her. One thing I felt is that her entry is not in any way lesser to the winning entry. I told her that her painting is good and just that the Judges had a different criteria for selecting on that particular day.

All said and done it was an enjoyable evening for us- getting to know the other children's talents and where we stand and how to improve upon, different creative ideas.

Attaching some pictures taken on that evening. Apuurva with her painting exhibited, Apuurva with a friend of hers, Apuurva with the Judge Madhan, an entry which I liked the most ( though did not win the first prize)

Attached Files:

4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi laxmi,

Let me be the first to congragulate apurva, for getting into the first 50 list. It is equal to winning. Winning is not everything. the spirit of participating is more than winning..

Congrats Apurva dear..

Thanks for the pictures and other details. and the fashion designer entry is too good yaar.

5. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Laxmi,

My wishes and hugs to Apuurva. Like everyone as already mentioned, it is the spirit of her participation that's more important and is to be appreiciated. Please convey to her that her entry was very good and I see a wonderful artist in her. Her imagination for the ambition contest seems to be very simple and unique.

PS: BTW, Apuurva looks like a Jr.Laxmi. My God, what a resemblance, you should be proud about it, isn't it? :)

Malathy

6. Honeytha

Honeytha Senior IL'ite

Hai Laxmi,

Hey congrats.........to Apoorva............

But i saw ur replies to this thread now only...........But saw Apoorva's Pic in CHUTTI TV sterday.........and i was telling everybody this pic is by my friends daughter...........

i was very happy to c her pic..............

Good Apoorva keep it up..........

Congrats to mom and daughter once again.......

7. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Laxmi
    Congrats to Apurva. The past painting too is really good. Being top 50 among 2300 itself is a winning.
    Encourage her..............Keep going Apurva.
    Your daughter looks cute.

8. Laxmi

Hi Shanvy

Thanks for being the first one to wish Apuurva, sure I will convey all your wishes to her.
    I too felt that the fashion designer entry was very good, the details in the background of the picture was amazing. May be the girl showing her back , rather than facing the picture might have been a drawback.
    Whatever it is I got this picture for Apuurva's reference especially all the detailing of the accessories.

9. Laxmi

Hi Malathy

Thanks for coming to this thread to wish Apuurva and marking your imprints here.
    Though I wanted to give in ideas and suggestions for her painting, I left it to her creativity, after all it is her ambition and she should not be striving to fulfill mine.

Yeah Malathy, whenever my friends and neighbours tell me that Apuurva is so much like you, the mother in me takes immense pride and my heart is filled with warm feelings.

I know you had a pretty busy last week with personal commitments and inspite of it you took some time to reply here, I am touched Malathy.

10. Laxmi

Hi Honeytha,
    Thanks for your wishes to Apuurva. We too in our family saw the program in Chutti TV where they showcased all the 50 entries.
    Happy to know that you liked her picture.