1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Painful time in relationships

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Nik, Sep 17, 2015.

1. Nik

Nik New IL'ite

I don't know where to start from, but i going through very painful time in my six months marriage. I live and work in Australia and ever since i came here, my parents made my marriage as big headache for them for past 3-4 years. they saw many girls and picked one, eventually in year's time me and girl came so close together, however due to her parents and my parents some some misunderstanding and ego pride, this relation was called off.

i never thought of marrying another girl, but my parents picked girl of their choice and created such horrendous environment, where this marriage took place. they threatened me they will kill themselves and break all relations with me permanently. The girl my parents decided had very much idea about my disinterest in this marriage, we were hardly talking once a two weeks over phone, even before few days of marriage i explained her with tears in my eyes there is lot of misunderstanding between me and my parents about marriage issue and she must address this issue to her parents before marriage, but she just wanted to marry me anyway because whatever logical reason she felt and i married her in most painful time of my life.

My wife made lot of promise to my parents before marriage about taking their care and will stay with them until i sponsor her, but post marriage she eventually found out exactly how this marriage happened and why i was not happy. she hardly stayed with my parents even month and went back to her hometown to her parents and working there. now she records talks of my family and sends them me, she just keeps complaining about my parents. fights with me on small matters and does lot of hot arguments with me. She doubts a lot on me and keep searching about my past and present to show more domination, while my past no longer exists. i am very scary ever since i figured out her agent like nature to me and she needs what she wants, she sticks to her thoughts only all the time irrespective of how other person feels.

my parents are alone today, they are sick and weak by health. They killed me to bring that girl in my life as partner and instead of taking their care, she doesn't even bother to call them and ask for their health. my parents cry today badly because of their ego, they completely screwed my life and our family life.

My time post marriage is even more painful as i had setback in my profession, career, wealth, accidents and other expenditures here in Australia. I asked her to give me time in this relation, the way i went through those horrible marriage days but she on one end says she wants to know about my problem and pain and in past even i tried to share anything, she told everything to my and her parents in spite giving me promise to keep it up to us. She had very good relations with my sisters before marriage and all of sudden she and her family has stopped talking to everyone in my family for past few months. they just want to keep relations up to me only, that is what i feel.

I convince that she needs love and my parents must have done something cheap to her and I fought with them to stop doing that but its her attitude towards my parents age and health and cruel fighting arguments with me, making this distance more between me and her in spite i told her numerous time i am always with her.

Now me and my parents have fully realized that, she will never stay with my parents unless i am not there. I have not goal or desires left and today if i am surviving just because my parents's old age and they don't have anyone after me.

2. Akanksha1982

Akanksha1982 IL Hall of Fame

Op, it is very difficult for a anyone to live with ILs without the spouse. It would be difficult to for you to live with her parents without her. Similarly it is difficult for her to live with your parents without you being present. This is more true for a newly married bride.

In life sometimes we have to make tough choices. Identifying what is priority in life helps to make choice that may be painful in the short run but beneficial in the long run. I think there is a high probability the everything will work if you move back and stay with your parents and wife. You should be able to find some work in India.

How you got married, whom you got married with, why did you get married to her are all past. You are now married to her. So thinking about the past does not help you and is a hindrance to move forward. So start your life afresh with your wife and live with your parents and help them out.

Second, she is your wife - a life partner, mother of your future children and not a hired maid or nurse that you hired to take care of your parents. If your parents need help, hire a maid or nurse. Yes, a DIL takes care of family member but is not a substitute for maid or nurse.

8 people like this.
  3. Jas8085

Jas8085 Gold IL'ite

you married someone because you want her to look after your parents?

drdiva, yesican, anahita5 and 4 others like this.
  4. mcutiepie

mcutiepie Gold IL'ite

Dear OP,

At the time a gal is married especially arranage marriage and kind of situations you both had... where you were talking less with your wife, you cannot expect her to take care of your parents when there is least bond/love between you two.

For most of gals, ILs or extended family comes as additional responsibility with husband... When they are happy in their married life, it becomes easier to accept this responsibility. Or with time, they understand this.

According to me, firstly you need to work upon your relationship with her.. try your best to get her to Australia and live together and have some love, understanding flow in two of you.

Also, you need to forget past and give it a fresh start... accept her from deep of your heart... she is your present and your life partner...

All d best!

1 person likes this.
  5. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Op...when your parents don't give a **** about their own son's happiness and had no problem destroying it....why do you think they will care about your wife?

How do you expect your wife to take care of such people .

You are having difficulty listening to their whining sitting in another country ,how do you expect her to stay sane with them.

Solution...either call your wife to your place.She married you,not your parents.
    Or go back to India...take a house close by and stay separate while taking care of your parents.

14 people like this.
  6. Jas8085

Jas8085 Gold IL'ite

man, past is past. Why do you sound so depressed? You married her - not some slave trade!!

What did you do to win her heart? Did you send her flowers? Romantic skype dinners? Did you show her beautiful future with a lovely house and 2 kids? Did you discuss anything positice with her?

I suspect you just spoke about her respon sibilities duties etc. she is obviously very pissed. She is prob waiting to come to Australia to start a proper life wit h you.

Do yourself a massive favour. Set up a full time nurse for your parents and take her to australia. Work on your relationship for 3-5 yrs and then come back.

To get returns out of a relationship, you must heavily invest first. You invested nothing until now.

And pleaeeseeee stop being so depressed! Its such a turn off!

come on man, watch bollywood movies ! charm the lady man! If her face glows like a 10000watt bulb, it will light up your life

11 people like this.
  7. shari2003

shari2003 Silver IL'ite

OP, you got married because your parents forced you/ emotionally blackmailed you into it??? And ruined another girl's (read family's) happiness, for the sheer selfish thoughts of your parents! When parents chose the girl and forced you to get married to her, were they looking for someone to look after them? or were they wanting to see you happy, sharing life with the new family member?
    I just dont understand why people pull others' lives into misery as well!
    You are still living in the "loving memories" of some girl whom you couldn't get married to because of your parents' ego clashes and you expect her to serve the same parents?
    If you have not given her 1 drop of love so far, how else do you expect her to behave???
    Looks like your parents and you (in silent agreement) were not planning to take her to your country of residence to share a life with her, but were looking for an unpaid maid!

6 people like this.
  8. shari2003

shari2003 Silver IL'ite

And what pain are you talking about???
    She is the one who is passing through a painful phase now..

4 people like this.
  9. Nik

Nik New IL'ite

Thank you all for your thoughts and inputs !

However, I would like to make some points here.

This marriage was an agreement between my parents and my wife, my wife fully knew that i will have to go back to duty after marriage and she herself committed to my parents that she would stay with them and take care of them until i sponsor her.

Of course nobody marries to bring so called ' aaya ' or nurse or maid in house by spoiling dreams of his life, but isn't the girls should think twice what commitments they made before marriage. I not mad at my wife but my mother was hospitalized for 10 days and my father is already suffering from his health, in spite of telling me that my parents are in trouble and sick, isn't her responsibility to go there and at least see how they were doing even for a day ?

i was shamed when my married sister had to take them to hospital and care for them while my wife didn't bother to make single phone call, sorry but this is nonsense from an well educated lady.

I was not happy with this marriage and not even today but my parents showed their commitment towards my wife rather than me when it mattered most, and today when they are suffering, my wife showed her true color. The basic Indian culture principle teaches us to look after old age people when they need us, if we can do favor for unknown people why not for our family members.

I know most of you are women and likely would think from woman's prospects more, most of you have common opinion that i should bring her to Australia, even if i don't, she would come sooner or later because she legally married to me and that is my responsibility, but the question is if this is why girls marry to a person lives abroad.

Neither me nor my parents' have ruined anyone's life. My wife and her parents were pretty much aware that something fishy going in our family well before marriage and I clearly told my wife 6 months prior to marriage that i am not in a mood for marriage now but my parents are forcing me. She wasn't kid or headless body who couldn't think what meant to say. Sharing all secrets of me and her with my parents and giving me hot heated arguments will not give any pleasure to me or her in this relation.

Sorry to say but i am not expecting all answers/ advice in my favor, but i request for a moment think that i am human being too, i also have heart and emotions.

10. Priya16

Priya16 IL Hall of Fame

just forget everything.It's big mistake on your parents part doing this kind of marriages.

Either take a divorce if you don't want this marriage or get your wife and start a family. But don't keep expectations that she will serve your parents. No one does.

Sure ,she is not going to keep any ties with your parents.If you can handle that and just wanted to focus yourself and your family then bring her here and start a family or take a divorce.This is not going to work out.

2 people like this.