1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Pain

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by periamma, Sep 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

@Induslady
    Dear Induslady i want to ask you a simple question which is about the rules of our forum .Have you fixed any new rules and regulations to write here? only who have Masters in Journalism are qualified to be the member of our IL community?Till now i believed this is the forum who motivate people to write and share their experiences in life ,to vent out their sorrow which makes them feel light at heart and share some hilarious incidents to make others enjoy.we can't share our pain with dear and near ones because they may critiize at some time which spoils the relationship.when we post here those who like give fb and others just read and be silent.

Of late some members give fb which is not related to the main theme and makes fun of the writer in another forum . I thought only Parliamentarians use such uncivilized words but well learned scholars too do the same.if you like give fb or just ignore and move away.Don't crush the feelings of others and you have no right to do such barbarious act. We write and share our views which are liked by members and not writing to get a Pulitzer award .

I am 63 yrs.old and still i am learning new lessons from the many members.In Tamil there is a saying "கற்றது கை அளவு கல்லாதது உலகளவு"(you have learnt only a handful of lessons and what you have to learn is vast like an ocean).Now a new teacher has gone through my exam papers(posts} and given a fail mark.i don't know who appointed her as the Teacher for this forum?
    one of our reader has criticised my post "FATHER" which is posted in the stories thread.
    Given below is the version of the new teacher.Friends you go through my thread in the stories forum and then read the below given golden words.

"Yes, indeed. When I read some of the stories on this site, my mind wanders off to how there could be alternate versions. For example, I read the one about a fatherless child, [single mom works as a nurse], crying on "Father's Day", and the mummy consoles her crying daughter by saying that the child ought to look upon "the father who art in heaven" as a substitute, and get on with it. I read the story, and thought of all the posts from women (Married Life subforum) who have abusive husbands, and IL's, and go on to live in silent torment. All the story-mother has to do is to tell her crying, fatherless daughter a few of those IL posts, and remind themselves how lucky they are, and go on to live happily ever after.
    Alternate reality is the rubric."

Living in the land of step-Fathers can't understand the feelings of Indian women and children.

Induslady if you think what i have written is not fair you can send me your views and i will leave this forum immediately.Before leaving this forum i thank you for giving such a wonderful platform to revive my writing skill.Thank you once again

2. GoogleGlass

GoogleGlass IL Hall of Fame

Capture.JPG

a nice one mmaa - just posted a meme of mine as response to your post mmaa

3. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

@GoogleGlass Thanks GG.This is the third time i am getting indecent comment from that member.First i thought this is her level and why should i go below my standard to give a reply.But she continued her torture even among young writers too which is a very bad practice.That's why i revealed her attack in the open stage so that other members can view.

sindmani, GoogleGlass and jskls like this.
  4. deepthyanoop

deepthyanoop Gold IL'ite

Hi Ma,
    Please don't get hurt by her/his comments, Ma. There are many many here who enjoyed your writing,including me. I may not be commenting always because of time constraints.
    I too read the threads you mentioned.May be she/he is not realising that people who post here are genuinely having some problems and looking for some genuine responses and perspectives. Or may be just a person who is having soo much time on hand for the twisted responses. Did you read the recent response on the thread where the Dil is seeking some help to deal with her recently widowed grieving Mil? Her/his response is classic.

sindmani, periamma and jskls like this.
  5. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

@deepthyanoop Dear Deepthi Thanks for your lovely response.i didn't read the thread you mentioned .will go through that thread now.

6. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

7. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Periamma,

I am sorry to hear that you got intimidated by a member of IL about your post in "Story" section in another place. In fact, the forum etiquette is clear about this and I am quoting below the link for you to read. One bad apple will not make everything here bad. Most of us enjoy your threads and welcome your contributions to this Forum.

Forum Etiquette

There will always be members who will cross the line and see what happens. Unfortunately, moderators despite their best efforts can't keep up pace with such actions. The best way to get their attention is to click on report a post icon and write your comments to the moderation and it would get immediate attention from the moderator of the relevant sub-forum.

Unfortunately, Induslady is perhaps still recovering from the loss of one of her parents and hence it might be hard for her to respond to you. I took the liberty to direct you to the right areas.

With kind regards.

Viswa

8. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

@Viswamitra Dear Viswa Sir
    Thanks for the kind and soothing reply.i am sorry to disturb Induslady but i have to bring it to her notice.i feel her pain missing her Father as i undergo such pain even at this age.Thank you once again for the reply

9. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Periamma
    I was surprised to read this post of yours addressed to @Induslady . I am responding to it as the Moderator of this Forum. Honestly I was not able to locate the 'wrongdoer' against whom you have poured your aire. I went through the story and FBs but could not locate the offending FB. Can you give me more details so that I can initiate appropriate action. No one has any business to offend a Poster. Such uncouth practice must be nipped in the bud.
    Please give me more details about this incident. Keeping this forum absolutely clean is my major concern.
    Sri

10. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Dear Cheeniya Sir

I am responding to your FB Please see below. This reply was in community chit chat The young and the Restless. Page 7 #69

Nonya likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.