1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Only so much and no more!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Srama, Feb 5, 2012.

1. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

Dear sabi,

Though I had read this two days earlier I wanted to take my time and read it again in leisure and so firstly let me just congratulate you on this amazing write up.:thumbsup

now to the crux of the post.. what can I say Sabi except that I am sure most of us have been there sometime or the other in our lives.

How do you make sure that you give only so much and no more? By practicing detached attachment.I used to wonder what is meant by this term and still cannot explain to you but do practice it to a certain extent(very difficult with your immediate family ) It has made me a calmer person and the atmosphere around me more congenial.:)

Pallavi I liked your statement that this should be practiced on the receiving front too .:)

2. tanoshii

tanoshii Platinum IL'ite

That was so well written and conveyed the message, the very important message, very sweetly.
    A simple story could teach us so much and how you've interpreted it with reference to our adult lives and the relationships we deal with was very impressive. Got the message clean and clear :D
    Thanks for sharing :)

3. meenasankaran

meenasankaran Platinum IL'ite

Dear Sabitha,

How like you to find the answer to an abstract, baffling problem in a simple story of a fish and a boy. I loved it.

As a mom, I know how hard it is to 'do only so much and no more'. The temptation to step in before my kids fall and scrape their knees (not literally ofcourse) is too much at times that I often forget that it is also my job to stand back and let them make their own mistakes and learn their lesson. Doing only so much and no more is easier said than done and like you said, it is harder with those that are close to us.

Your snow flake analogy is beautiful in its simplicity. My hats off to you for making connections between such seemingly-farfetched events in life and have the outcome tell its own story. As usual, a wonderful post from you.

4. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Thank you Dear JAG. I love to hear that especially from you, knowing you - it is a validation for me :)

I hear you JAG as another mom, it is not easy and who ever said it gets easier as the kids grow up! Will it ever?

Thank you for your response - it matters that you read and respond.

5. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Thank you Mindi! Trust me, the way my snippets come out are in direct proportion to the grind I have gone through :)

And now you give the secret away to your bubbly happy personality? Thank you Mindi. I hear you, understand you and am slowly getting there - calmness is there, patience is there but there are other things that can be learnt better by me!

Thank you for your lovley response Mindi!

6. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Thank you Tanoshi for your response. Children's book often leave me amazed albeit as an adult! I do thoroughly enjoy reading them and learning from them.

7. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Thank you Dear Meena. You want to know a secret? There are certain situations where in every one feels no one understands and this was one such for me - thank fully the books, even if it is only childrens come to my rescue :)

And that snow flake wa steh answer to my agony and teh result is this snippet and magically I do seem to have a clearer picture!

Thank you Meena for your lovely response!