1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Online Shopping Can Be Deceptive

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by ChennaiExpress, Dec 18, 2016.

1. ChennaiExpress

ChennaiExpress IL Hall of Fame

Spent nearly two hours on Amazon researching jewelry making pieces and a shirt for office.

Shopping cart said $20

When I was ready to lay the shopping cart said $40.

Turns out the shirt I thought had free shipping did not have free shipping unless I get free trial of Amazon Prime.

That really ticked me off.

Last time I had free trial of Amazon I had to do treasure hunt of how to cancel free trial before they charge me $72 a year.

What a bunch of Baloney!

Then I went to Aliexpress and say similar or higher quality jewelry. making equipment cost nearly half!

Then I realized I can make a necklace or two with stretch magic (instead of wire) and order superglue later on.

Hoping to wrap smooth yarn around moulds I will cut out of cardboard. Use as substitute of silk thread. Needs to be superglued I to mound. Have so much Caron simply soft yarn that tangles easy but I figure I can try to use it for wrapping parts of jewelry.

So today I purchased nothing .... hopefully will get better deals next week or so!

Madhumagie likes this.

2. Madhumagie

Madhumagie Silver IL'ite

hii

its very much true , i got kurtis , it was the same thing , the prices kept on changing and the material is yak not given in description :flushed:.
    this is not the first time this is the third time happening , now realy realy thinking twice even to browse to watch the things on selling sites , becoz of the above expereince , brain starts thinking all this info is true or simply bogus to push the customers to place the order or cheating marketing gimmicks on online shoppers.:anguished: