1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it’s worth watching.” -

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Apr 21, 2013.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

“If you judge people, you have no time to love them.”
    ― Mother Teresa

Time is the coin of your life. It is the only coin you have, and only you can determine how it will be spent. Be careful lest you let other people spend it for you.

Carl Sandburg

We come to the world crying and we should live in such a way that while going we should go happily. Though our loved ones will be missing us but a person can live how long he is destined to live. We dont bring anything with us nor we take anything while going. But still we claim everything is ours and simply fight without any reason.

“Every second that you live you are never going to get back. You are never going to get to change what you said, didn’t say, did, or didn’t do. Live how you want to live. Act how you want to be remembered, because you never know how long or short you are going to be here.”

- Emily Doberstein

We should use the time effectively so that later we need not be worried that we did not use the time properly. Young age we are not matured, do not understand so many things but in old age with experience we learn so many things. I am happy that because of my dh also being interested I am able to go for Satsangs. Now since a week I had been going for discourse in Ramayana in which Ayodhya Kandam and Sundara Kandam was told. It was very interesting to hear though we all know about Ramayana. But here some things which was told I have not heard before and the person who told said it very nicely and we did not know how the two hours passed.

First thing is he said Kaikeyi was an astrologer and she knew that it will be bad for Sri Rama if he becomes the King, so with heavy heart she sent him to the forest. After killing Ravana when Sri Rama was coming back he saw a nizhal , which was coming under his feet and he took his feet up as he never sees any other women. She was Mandothari. He said Hanuman is the Guru who united Seetha Devi who is the Jeevan and Sri Rama who is the Lord. Sri Rama gave his ring through Hanuman to Seetha which means I am there dont worry and she gave her Chudamani which means she bowed to Sri Rama. Hope I have conveyed the message properly. I am not so good in keeping in memory everything though from childhood I have heard Ramayana, Mahabharata etc and always interested in hearing and also going for Bhajans. I forget myself when I go for Bhajans.

Today is Seetha Kalyanam and also my daughter's Star Birthday today being Puram , also Trichur Pooram which is very auspicious in Kerala. I can see from her though I am not there the elephants in full swing. Once I had the opportunity to be in Trichur during Trichur Pooram.

“Just because you are seventy is no excuse to give up and let others make your decisions for you. The fact that you are still alive is reason enough to believe that you are here for a purpose; and that purpose is to learn, to teach, and to GIVE.”

- Thomas D. Willhite

Until the day you die, live!

I think the above quote was written for me though I am yet to be 70 yrs.

In dwelling, live close to the ground.
    In thinking, keep to the simple.
    In conflict, be fair and generous.
    In governing, don’t try to control.
    In work, do what you enjoy.
    In family life, be completely present.

- Lao-tzu-

5 people like this.

2. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

dear viji,

Firstly, a very happy birthday to your daughter. I had no idea today was Trichur pooram. As a kid we used to enjoy it every year since my grandparents lived there. How we loved seeing the 30 majestic elephants..:)
    you have shared interesting short facts from our mythology. I always like to hear these trivia ..

1 person likes this.
  3. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear Viji aunty,

nice to see you attend these programs, enjoy and share them with us! Like you I have never looked beyond the stories that were told to us as kids. Interpretations are always interesting, they touch us differently depending on what we are going through in our own lives. What might have looked a ridiculous explanation at one time might suddenly start making sense. That is why some of these books should be read time and again - they impart wisdom and what we need for that stage in our lives!

Loved the explanations and thank you for sharing!

1 person likes this.
  4. arch1209

arch1209 Platinum IL'ite

Happy Birthday to your daughter Viji. Yes being in Trichur, from what I hear, on Trichur Pooram is very spiritual, peaceful and beautiful. I hope I get to see it some day :)

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. manjukps

manjukps IL Hall of Fame

Happy Birthday to your daughter.

Nice to know the finer points from our mythology. Please keep sharing with us.

Regards
    Manjukps

1 person likes this.
  6. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Thanks Mindi dear for stepping in with your first fb. Thanks for your wishes. Glad you had enjoyed Trichur Pooram. Glad you like to hear interesting facts about mythology. Glad I could share.

7. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Sabita dear I know you read lot of books and have good knowledge. It is always interesting to read your fbs in Cheeniya sir's ramblings. I admire your writings. Glad to see you here stepping here

1 person likes this.
  8. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Thanks Arch dear for your wishes. Glad you have stayed in Trichur, so must of enjoyed Trichur Pooram. Thanks for sharing the lovely photo

9. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Manju dear thanks for your wishes. Glad you liked the post.