1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

On Reading Books

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by HariLakhera, Aug 2, 2019.

1. HariLakhera

HariLakhera Platinum IL'ite

Dear Thyagarajan,
    Thanks. We are blessed to be able to read and write and doubly blessed to digest the contents. Most of the time we fail. I might have read Gita and Ramayan many times over and I know what the next line or page is about and am not very keen to find what next. Still I fail to comprehend the true meaning in full. I continue reading it again and again because it has become part of my worshipping for whatever reasons.
    On the other if I am reading a detective novel I would be keen to finish the book primarily to know the end. After finishing it, we may not read it ever.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  2. HariLakhera

HariLakhera Platinum IL'ite

Dear Ma'm,
    I agree in toto. Reading is not only a hobby but a passion for some. I am somehow feel that internet has downgraded the pleasure of reading. A book in hand feels better. Books are available on internet now and that is a bonus.
    Those with no reading habits or liking may be gathering knowledge from other sources. People in the county side with no formal education have tons of wisdom and understanding of life.
    For me the basic purpose of reading is enhancing our knowledge. At the same time there is no need to be crowded with useless knowledge.

However Quora or Wikipedia sometimes are not authentic. They are quick reference points.