1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

On My Toes

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Feb 23, 2018.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

The days when my husband has to go to help the family where there is a death I have to be on my toes, especially when he has to leave early. This week there were three to four deaths. Yesterday morning he had to go by 9 a.m. and came back at 11.30a.m. Again afternoon there was a call that he has to leave by 5 pm.I usually take rest from 3.30 to 5 0 \pm. When there are phone calls at that time I get disturbed. He cant hear much so I have to attend. Yesterday also there were calls in the afternoon and at 4.45 pmhe told me to make coffee for him. So I had to get up and make coffee. For him when he is sleeping and a call comes he does not get angry and will attend immediately if he has to go he will go immediately. He is great. For me if someone disturbs during sleep I get disturbed .So evening again he went and came at 9 pm. Yesterday only he got a call that the person who died yesteday his brother expired butsince someone is expected he should come today.They have a samithi where most f the people are 60 plus some are 70 plus but they go an dhelp whole heartedly.

Today morning he told me that he has to leave by 8.30. He had already taken bath by 6.30 and started reading prayer books. I went to take bath after that . I came to the kitchen by 6.45 a.m. Kept for boiling mil and for rice. Cut the vegetables, made capsicum,potato , carrot masala baji. I had to grind th emasala so cutonion, tomato, greenchillies, ginger and fried by putting rai, urad and chana and adding jeera, elaichi and lavang grinded that. When the vegetables got cooked added the masala and baji was ready . Then made rasam. Cooking was ready by 730 or so. Then started preparing for the pooja. I have many idols so gave bath to them, applied chandan kumkum after getting the vilakku ready . Did archana to Vilakku. When I was getting ready for the pooja by offering flowers to all the Gods , my husband said pooja over , I told him not yet. It was only 8.15 or so that time. Then fast fast did the archana. Offered milk and rice wih ghee to God. Showed kalpuram . Took the blessings of my parents, in laws and brother in law whose photos I have, then took blessings of my husband . He had breakfast then left by 8.40 or so.

Then only I got rest, till then I was on my toes 28058738_1727403160631621_6156294722957201814_n.jpg

Sunburst, kaniths, joylokhi and 8 others like this.

2. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

@iyerviji
    Thank you for a glimpse of your life on a busy morning Vijikka.
    I have a lot to learn from you. Especially your happiness while you take a challenge and complete it with so much energy and love. You are such a wonderful person.

kaniths and iyerviji like this.
  3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Thanks Krish dear for doing the first boni with your first feedback and only one so far. I am really glad to get your feedback in your busy schedule. Feel I have got an award. The encouragement you all give me with your sweet messages about me makes me accept challenges.

Love can do wonders. Morning I was telling my husband see how fast I have done everything for which he said I will tell Modi to give you award.

Thanks for the like

Last edited: Feb 23, 2018
    kkrish and Rihana like this.
  4. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

sindmani and GeetaKashyap like this.
  5. Sandycandy

Sandycandy IL Hall of Fame

Aunty you are adorable ! Like the detailed description of your hectic day !

iyerviji likes this.
  6. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Viji, meri pyaari Viji, I am feeling so energized after reading your morning's description. I also came to the kitchen at 6:45 am by coincidence... warmed up one croissant.. started to read the newspaper... had the croissant (big one from costco). Told myself I have to log it in myfitnesspal app. Read more bad news and useless news in the newspaper. Warmed up one more croissant. Told myself you have to run more today. Had the second one with some unnecessary guilt. : ) Then, checked email, Fb. this, that, and looked at all vegetables in the fridge and thought there's too much choice. : ) Effectively, not much accomplished. You complete the things you want to do, and those required, all so efficiently.

Nice snippet. Nice title "On My Toes".

iyerviji likes this.
  7. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Ooph!!! Your early mornings can get so busy aunty. You know what I was thinking if there was something to count your activities like how we count our steps....ooph....

Hope you finally found time to wind down and relax.

iyerviji likes this.
  8. MonikaSG

MonikaSG Platinum IL'ite

I too feel like this from the day I got married. Hopefully I too will get such simple and smooth life someday. Nice to read about you.

iyerviji likes this.
  9. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Hugs to you dear for your sweet msge which gives me encouragement

10. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Thanks Meri pyari Rihana. Glad you felt energized. I had to see in Google what is croissant,first time hearing. My English knowledge is less.glad u liked the tittle and the post