On L2 visa+ EAD,trying to get job in USA

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by pari85, Feb 24, 2012.

1. pari85

pari85 Bronze IL'ite

Hello frnds,

i am on L2 VISA ,recently got my EAD ,SO really want to get into some job as soon as possible.i did MCA in 09 ,so got a gap of 2 yrs now ,and try to get into Testing field,can anyone guide me for that ,how to proceed and where all to post resume ?only posting them on job sites will b sufficient or hav to do somthing else too.

i have teaching exp of 9 months too but then for 1 and half ,i didnt worked ,so how to fulfill this gap,and wht to present to the employer in form of resume.

kindly suggest me and guide me plz.

thanx
    Pari

2. ksri82

ksri82 New IL'ite

Hi Pari,
    You will need a training in some field before you get a job. Work experience is very important in getting a real job here. So get in touch with a company that provides training and then helps you in job-placement.
    In case you had prior experience before you could have directly applied for jobs. And many employers would be ready to do your H1 (when u need it later).

Sri

3. pari85

pari85 Bronze IL'ite

Hi Sri,

Thanks alot ,i got your point .there is one company who said thy will give online training by asking some 350$ fees ,so it worthwhile to do such trainings or i hv to do a training in some office only ,and will they be asking some price for it ?
    plz guide ,thanx in advance

Pari

4. jmondal

jmondal New IL'ite

Hi Pari,

Have you find job yet? I am also in L2 visa...... Its now six months in USA and searching for job is still going on. I am a science background student done Master Degree in Zoology. Don't know what type of job I should apply. Can you please help me....

Thanks
    Jhuma