1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Old Age And Health

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, May 27, 2017.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Congrats to you. Glad to get your sweet message , thnks for your good wishes dear

2. SCSusila

SCSusila Gold IL'ite

I feel only we are responsible to take care of ourselves .
    . I am also near to senior citizen age and my children are also away from me . My husband and I take care of each other and we have enrolled with medical help service for any bigger problem .
    Sometimes my children feel bad they cannot be with us when we are ill or something . But I always tell them , that feeling of love is enough. The quality time they spend with us is enough . Their phone calls and visits are enough .
    They have own life to live . We did not bring them up expecting returns . If parents expect or demand support and care from them , it is not love , but Trade .

In olden days , old people went Vanaprastham , not expecting their children to look after them . Now court is saying parents can take children to court for not taking care of them . What kind of love and care can they expect if ordered like that ?

We have to move with times . We must make old age provisions for ourselves . There are plenty of plans available now .

These are all just my thoughts . I dont have intention of hurting others . Each one's life experience is different .

iyerviji and Naari like this.
  3. Naari

Naari Platinum IL'ite

I don't have a son but I think the same way! Children are not investments that will yield returns in future.. so impressed with your thoughts & I totally second it..

iyerviji and SCSusila like this.
  4. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Thanks for your feedback Me and my husband also take care of us and we r there for each other and dont like to trouble our children. Their love is enough. For us. True they. Have their own lives. They have more responsibilities than us and in today's world life is challenging.

Naari likes this.
  5. Naari

Naari Platinum IL'ite

How is it going Aunty? Hope your health is better.

6. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Much better Nari dear. Thanks for your concern and love. Hugs to u

7. Naari

Naari Platinum IL'ite

Hugs back to you Aunty! Stay healthy:blush:

iyerviji likes this.
  8. blessings1010

blessings1010 Gold IL'ite

Hope you feel better soon @iyerviji. Your first 2 paragraphs made me so emotional!
    I could not stop crying as I was remembering my mom. I felt her pain once again through your words. I was away from her for so long but being away from her when she was not keeping well, still make me feel guilty.
    With her, a big big part of me is lost forever. Sometimes, I wish I could reverse the time.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2017
    iyerviji likes this.
  9. SriGeetha

SriGeetha Bronze IL'ite

Very True. Childrens need to live their life ,we should do kind of thing I took care now u must take care. But yes i would definitely want them to reciprocate the love and affection. :)

Naari and iyerviji like this.
  10. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Thnks dear

Naari likes this.