1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Oh Krishna My Krishna

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Thyagarajan, Sep 2, 2018.

1. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

Oh Krishna My Krishna :hello:
    Today being considered auspicious and special, I consider it would be apt to repeat my post .

Krishna always holds a flute in his hand, but there is a great story behind it. EverydayKrishna would go in the garden and sayto all the plants, “I love you”. The plants were very happy and responded back and said “Krishna, we also love you”.
    One day Krishna rushedquickly into the garden very alarmed. He went to the bamboo plant and the bamboo plant asked,“Krishna, what´s wrong with you?” Krishnasaid “I have something to ask you, but it is very difficult”. The bamboo said “Tell me: if I can, I will give it toyou”.
    So Krishna said “I need your life. I need to cutyou”. The bamboo thought for a while and then said “You don´t have any other choice. You don’t have any other way?” Krishna said, “No, no other way”. And it said “OK” and gavehimself up.
    So Krishna cut thebamboo, made holes in it, and each time, while he was doing that, the bamboo was crying with pain, because he waspaining the bamboo somuch. Krishna made abeautiful flute out of it. And this flute was with Krishna all the time. 24 hours a day, it was with Krishna. Even the Gopis were jealous of the flute. They said to bamboo, “Look, Krishna is our Lord, but yet we get to spend only some time with him. He wakes up with you, He sleeps with you, and all the time you are with him. Tell us the secret of it. What secret do you have, that the Lord treasures you so much?”
    And the bamboo said “The secret is that, I gavemyself up, and He did whatever was right for me, in the process I had to go under lot of pain and now look He made me empty from inside. And the Lord does whatever he wants with me, whenever he wants with me andhowever he wants with me. I have just become His instrument”.
    So this is completesurrender: where God can do whatever He wantswith you, whenever He wants, as He wants. And for that you don’t need to be scared of, you know, you have just to give yourself. Trust Himcompletely and have faith in Him and always think you are in His hands what can go wrong. And who is you in reality? It’s just Him.

-By Anonymous

2. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Thyagarajan Sir, wonderful message on Janmashtami.
    'Undergoing suffering culminates in proximity to Lord' might have been true in the case of Bamboo.
    In reality, people suffer throughout life=due to poverty, diseases,loss of jobs and disharmony and their entire life is spent in nothing but distress.
    My sister lost all her five boys one by one-either due to birth defects or health problems. No child survived for more than two years.
    If the above theory holds good, the sufferings children had undergone without their knowledge were in their best interest and they reached the feet of Almighty.How about the mother? Actually it was she who sacrificed her children , by destiny.The flute story appears to justify the sufferings at the outset but there are more factors to it than the mere sacrifice, purported to have been done by the bamboo.
    The reality is we have to accept whatever happens-either caused by human hand or destiny and simply be a witness.Even desiring for proximity to Lord may be reckoned
    as 'desire'.
    Sarvam Krishnaarpanam.Do your duty ,leave the fruit of actions to Lord Krishna-good or bad,desirable or unfavourable.

Jayasala42

Gauri03 and Thyagarajan like this.
  3. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Can anyone tell me why Gandhiji's last words were 'He Ram' when he was assassinated? He could have uttered 'He Krishna' but he did not. Of the nine Avatars, Krishna is the most celebrated one. What is our fascination for Krishna? Is it because He lived so close to our Yuga? We hardly celebrate the Avathar day of the Machcha, Koorma and Varaha Avatars Most of us may not even know the days of their Avatar.
    You may perhaps get some insight from this song of MS written by Poonthanam's Gnanappana:

Let us never forget the essence of the Philosophical content of this moving song.

People whom we see every day, God makes them disappear one day.
    In two or four days, God changes the destiny of a man, and puts him from palace to prison.
    A King who is rich and arrogant today, God makes him bear heavy burden the next day!
    While you count, your life gets shorter and shorter in a fast pace and we die one day.
    We were never together when we were born, and we will never be together when we die. Then why possess jealosy, enimity, etc and waste your life?

Last edited: Sep 2, 2018
  4. Thyagarajan

:hello: nice to read on the day of Gokula Ashtami.
    The close one served as secretary to father of nation claims in his book on Gandhi - when bullets fired he was closest and he never heard Mahathma uttering those words "Hay Ram".
    Thanks and regards.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2018
  5. Thyagarajan

:hello:Yes Madam Sister. I quite agree. Even the wish to surrender tantamounts to desire.
    It must be KRISNA ARPANAM.
    Thanks & Regards

6. Cheeniya

Thank you. I was indeed puzzles why he said He Ram. I now feel relieved that Gandhi was quietly uttering his favorite god's name so softly that even his secretary could not hear it.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  7. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Sri Thyagarajan:

I received this story through Whatsapp yesterday and was discussing at home about it. I was smiling ear to ear when I read your snippet. It is my understanding the Lord played three types of flutes and they are Venu, Murali and Vamsi. The names Venugopal, Muralikrishna and Bansilal came out of the Lord playing these type of flutes. While Venu had six holes, Murali had four holes and Vamsi had nine holes. He also had other flutes such as Mahananda, Madanajhankrti and Sarala. Interesting part is each one of them the Lord used for specific purpose and for specific audience. When he played flute for cows, only cows can hear it. He calls the name of the cows one after another when it is time to go home. When the Lord played flute with different tunes, it had different effects.

Frankly, the life of Lord Krishna itself is a demonstration of surrender to the will of nature. He is a flute Himself surrendering to the love of His devotees. He was separated from the parents at the time of birth, raised at a different place, always focused on establishing righteousness from the childhood and eventually ended up planning and executing the Mahabharath war getting all bad names. He did nothing for Himself but to establish righteousness. What He taught in Bhagavad Gita was what he practiced. While all other Avatars established righteousness and led an exemplary lives, Dwapara Yuga Avatar taught as the essence of the scriptures through His teachings to Arjuna besides leading an exemplary life.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  8. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Inspiring one!

Thyagarajan likes this.
  9. Priyaha

Priyaha Senior IL'ite

Cheeniya-- you can't make a distinction between Ram and Krishna. They are one in the same. In the Maha mantra, we chant hare krishna hare krishna, krishna krishna hare hare, hare rama hare rama, rama rama hare hare-- we are offering ourselves to the Supreme Godhead for fulfilling his service. Similarly, in Gujarat we say jai shree krishna while in UP and Hariyana they say Jay Ramji ki, both celebrate God's victory over our ego/body.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  10. Cheeniya

@Priyaha
    Thank you for your brief but informative addenda. It was not my intention to find any difference between Rama and Krishna. Who am I to do that?

Thyagarajan likes this.