Object oriented programming concepts?

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by deepshikha, Nov 11, 2009.

1. deepshikha

deepshikha Senior IL'ite

Please can anyone help me with OOP concepts??? I was trying to learn python and realized that before I can even start learning it I need to understand the basics of OOP.
    I have no IT background and never did a programming language before so its like starting from scratch. I tried to go through tutorials available online but did not get it.
    Can you suggest some easy to understand links or books for a complete beginner.
    Another question I have is: Is learning python as the first programming language a good idea. Some people said I should learn C++ if I have never done programming before? Is that true?
    Any suggestions would be helpful. thanks!!

2. rosegirl

rosegirl Bronze IL'ite

Start with Basic or C, you will understand the basic programming concepts. With no IT knowlegde, diving into OOP will drive you crazy...

3. Somaani

Somaani New IL'ite

4. Cindhuja

Cindhuja Gold IL'ite

5. meerajesh59

meerajesh59 Gold IL'ite

Hi there are lot of ebooks and websites which helps you to know about OOPs concept. I will look for a ebook and will post you the link

Last edited: Nov 18, 2009
  6. Cindhuja

Cindhuja Gold IL'ite

Last edited: Nov 19, 2009
  7. meerajesh59

meerajesh59 Gold IL'ite

Hi Cindhuja,
    I was in the last batch of Mphil distance mode and I did it in MK university. From the year 2006-2007 onwards Mphil in DED was banned in Tamilnadu. But it was banned throughout India from June 2009. According to my knowledge I think there is no university offering this, if an university is offering then checkout whether it is under UGC norms. Because our qualification for a lecturer should be under UGC norms.
    Next, Coming to NET in computer science is a vast syllabus it needs lot of preparation. If we are working in a educational institution especially college it will be very useful for preparing NET.
    Do want me to share anything particularly regarding NET or MPhil?

8. Cindhuja

Cindhuja Gold IL'ite

Thanks Meena..Yes i have some queries..Will update in the M.phil related thread itself, so that the topic doesnt gets diverted ..Please keep in touch with this forum..Will update you my queries asap..Sorry for troubling you :hide:

Last edited: Nov 19, 2009
  9. meerajesh59

meerajesh59 Gold IL'ite

Hi Cindhuja,
    Why lots of sorry. I am here for friends. No sorry and thanks between us. You are not troubling me dear

10. Cindhuja

Cindhuja Gold IL'ite