1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

No Sleep At Night :(

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by penpaal, Apr 18, 2017.

1. penpaal

penpaal Gold IL'ite

Hi Ils,

I feel sleep very less at night . Travel from one thought to another. I tried
    meditation ,
    reading books ,
    counting sheeps
    taking warm bath in the evening.
    doing exercise everyday

I get very less sleep at night.some days I am dead tired and my body aches but I won't feel sleepy. I keep on yawning but no sleep. I travel from one thought to another .In my past I took medicine but I had drastic weight gain and forced to stop!!

Anybody has experience with any sleep medicine without side effects? please give me some suggestion how can I get my sleep back.

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

What is your age? Have you had your vit d levels checked ?

Amica likes this.
  3. paru123

paru123 Gold IL'ite

Do u sleep in the day. May be bcos u / Ur body is not tired. Try doing some physical work or walking. Do u get up late every day?

4. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Try warm milk with nutmeg

Sometimes insomnia hits and reasons could vary. See if nighttime temps setting changed. Check ur caffeine intake. Try comfort food. Do something extremely boring that would make u fall asleep.

For me staying asleep is an issue. I function with 5 hrs of sleep almost everyday. I tale quick powernap if possible during the day

penpaal likes this.
  5. penpaal

penpaal Gold IL'ite

I am 29 & I have a baby now ..I am.very light sleeper either baby else husband they will wake me up :( .I am very light sleeper ... I never checked my vit d. Will check it and see..

6. penpaal

penpaal Gold IL'ite

no sleeping in day time.100 % sure my body is tired but no sleep :(

7. penpaal

penpaal Gold IL'ite

Thanks I will try warm milk with nutmug :) I have a 8 month old baby. So when she sleeps I get all my other work done. so no time for even power nap !!

8. shri0218

shri0218 Silver IL'ite

I suffered from the same thing (no kids too) ..sometimes it's just stress and without our knowledge it manifests this way..chk with a sleep medicine doctor..they can give you some non habit forming med's that will help you get started on a routine..
    Meanwhile have a strict routine .. go to bed on time (I know with a baby it's nearly impossible) , no phones once you hit the bed..some relaxing music to get you started..these helped me..though I still suffer from insomnia ..I kinda know I'm responsible ..I worry n think too much ..may be you are like me too!

penpaal likes this.
  9. Sunshine04

Sunshine04 Platinum IL'ite

try melatonin.its asupplement

penpaal likes this.
  10. ShabnamF

ShabnamF Gold IL'ite

Try this sleep hypnosis video - . It works for me, I have a deep and peaceful sleep when I listen to this. You can also try Yoga nidra, a lot of videos are available on YouTube. The advantage is, if you have to wake up because of your baby and cannot sleep again you will not feel stoned like you feel with sleep medication.

Amica and penpaal like this.