No period after stopping susten 200mg

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by Sophiebaggio, Dec 16, 2015.

1. Sophiebaggio

Sophiebaggio Senior IL'ite

I have pcos and have been taking clomid and metformin for 5 months.This month I had a 11mm follicle on 11th day.Unfortunately I could not go to the doctor for further follicle scan.i started taking susten 200 mg from 18th day for 10 days.It has been 5 days since I stopped taking susten.But I havent got my period yet.Pregnancy test is negative.should I take another pregnancy test.Is there any hope?

2. KashmirFlower

KashmirFlower IL Hall of Fame

I strongly feel u shouldn't take those hormonal tablets, without doctor telling, they exactly tell it for each month how u should proceed. Please see the same doctor who did ur scan on 11 th day, tell what u used for 10 days, and take her advice, mean while u can check another pregnancy test for yourself.

3. Sophiebaggio

Thanks for replying kashmirFlower.gonna meet the doctor this saturday if period doesnt show up:)

4. sugugiri2010

sugugiri2010 Gold IL'ite

never take medicine at ur own... that is very risky... susten should be given based upon ur endo thickenss.. high or low dose may result in delayed periods... so pls follow as doc say.

5. Sophiebaggio

Yes.It was my fault basically.Actually she prescribed susten for my previous monitored cycle.Wish I get my af soon or bfp.Fed up of this ttc thing:(

6. Maggilg

Maggilg Senior IL'ite

Hello,
    Like others have said plz don't take any medicines in ttc journey without consulting the doctor. The purpose of sustenance is to keep the progesterone level from falling. Either ur progesterone level is still high or u might have ovulated late as I guess u have PCOS. If u r sure of ovulation date and if u have regular cycle wait for few days if still no show of AF plz consult doctor.

7. Sophiebaggio

Thanks maggilg,I went to the doc on fri.She said susten wont induce period in most cases.she prescribed regestrone 5 mg.waiting for af and the new treatment cycle:)

8. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hope no more troubles.
    Take care.

9. Steffijen

Steffijen New IL'ite

I too have pcos... I was on clomid(2-6) and I ovulated really late I guess... Say when I took follicular study on CD 18 my follicle size was 16mm... We BD'd on cd21 And today cd23 scan doc found it to be ruptured.. And doc today told me to BD again today and tom..coz we didn't know the exact day it was ruptured...also to take susten for ten days.. Any chance of conceiving? How long can the egg stay after ovulation... Pls clarify...

10. vanicha

vanicha Silver IL'ite

Egg will stay live 12 to 24 hours...

Did you had any stomach cramps?tiredness after 21cd. And between 23cd? If yes that time can be your ovulation time...

Good luck...sperm can live for 5days...so chances are good...