1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

No more lies --Is it possible?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by kishoremommy, Jan 19, 2012.

1. chaitusri

chaitusri Silver IL'ite

Hi,

very nice initiation, and still values are alive in this world.

Mostly I don't say lies 99%, but 1% lies to make my parents happy about my DH/in-laws or vice versa in some situations.

As well as whether the gift is good or bad I alwys says that is good as I don't want to hurt them.

hmmm...in my around I have seen few people especially in marriage relation go happily on the lies platform. I always wonder about them. Both tell lies to each other and the others believe that is the only truth and both of them are very happy and feels like lucky couple/good couple. It's always a wonder for me.

regards
    Chaitusri

1 person likes this.
  2. ramyaraja

ramyaraja Gold IL'ite

Hello kishoremommy,

Hats off to you.... i should try doing this atleast for a day.. :) I am not sure if my little solution can be of any help but still provide one...

when someone asks about your salary this is what our training period in a MNC taught us "just enough or a little more to manage"

1 person likes this.
  3. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

highly commendable kishoremummy.:thumbsup keep it up !! once it becomes a habit it may be easy to practice.:)
    though I too am a great preacher of honesty , I do resort to white lies to save myself from situations..mainly when I want to avoid going to a place I am invited.
    tell me, how politely can I say " no, I don't feel like it...this is not what interests me "

1 person likes this.
  4. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Kishoremummy,
    I appreciate you and wish you success in your resolution.

Even a truth spoken by Dharmaputhra "Aswathama hatha: kunjara:" with the intention of stopping Dronacharya causing havoc in the war and for fear of defeat in the war, was really a sin committed by him knowingly. His conscience was pricking him till the end.
    Poor Yudhistra had to do this as for Lord Krishna's suggestion.
    Hope that no one puts you in a dilemma,
    Love,
    PS

sindmani and kishoremommy like this.
  5. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Hari Chandra experienced a lot of pain in life but was determined not to lie under any circumstances. I was very happy to ready your post and to know your determination. More than the respect from the others, your inner feelings should be sky high. If anyone asks for salaries of yourself or your DH, your answer should be "We don't disclose our salaries as a principle". Because that is the truth.

I honestly believe the objective of not hurting anyone else is by initiating words that would hurt them. There is nothing wrong in telling someone about your principle. If it hurts them, there is nothing much you can do about it.

Viswa

sindmani, kishoremommy and Littlerose like this.
  6. Littlerose

Littlerose Silver IL'ite

Dear Kishoremommy,

That's very great to see such a personality in this fast moving modern life. As Viswa sir said, it's good that you say them softly. I also have the same resolution to myself and my hubby already have that and we are teaching our kid also the same. He is now 6 years old. We teach him the values daily night during bed time story hours... It really will bring wonders in life. Seeing him, the neighbouring family is very much impressed and now they have also changed a lot... Now they both are correcting each other both being same age...

In the beginning, where we are very used to satisfy people but not the truth and non-lying policy, we may have used lies.

But, once we are determined, just leave it to God, whatever may be the situation. They may be hurt by your true, but not to be scared. Time can heal everything... but adhering to the true will never lead anything bad for a long time.

So, be with the same determination except for life-endangering situation for others where you should save them atleast by telling a lie which is told even in Thirukural "Poimaiyum vaaimai idathu puraitheerntha nanmai payakum enin".

All the very best and heartily wishes for your great going. Also please teach the same to your kid as well as the kith and kin and all lovables near you for everyone who likes will be also benefitted.

Also, really feeling happy to see you started this thread for others to get inspired and follow the same. Let God be with you to overcome odd timings also.

Happy day.

Thanks and regards,

S. Sriumadevi Srinivasan.

sindmani likes this.
  7. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Nice motivational thread Kishoremommy.
    Glad to see the effects of embracing such a high quality in one self.:thumbsup:

I am trying my best to use only positive terms in my day to day life.
    Maybe I should also decrease the number of white lies too! :)

Sriniketan

sindmani likes this.
  8. kishoremommy

kishoremommy Platinum IL'ite

Thank you Chaitusri .

Lies in marriage may seem to keep the couple happy.But,once,they get to know the truth,I really doubt whether their relationship would remain the same.

9. kishoremommy

Thank you for your suggestion , Ramya.

10. kishoremommy

Mmmm.Yes,tricky situation.

If I were in your shoes ,I would say,I will do something else on that particular time and then call the people who invited me to say I couldn't come as I was engaged in other work.