1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

No Marriage for Daddy!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by TomAndJerry, Mar 22, 2011.

1. TomAndJerry

TomAndJerry Bronze IL'ite

Punchlines of my daughter

Kids always give us surprises. Everyday there will be one or the other instance which we would have never even imagined or expected. Here I share with you some of my three year old daughters dialogues.

Everyday my husband drops her to school by two wheeler and she comes back by school van. There are two routes to the school, one is a straight road then we have to take a left turn and another one is take left turn first then go straight and take a right turn. I like that straight road, my DH and DD like the other one. Often my husband asks her which road to take and my DD tells any one depending on her mood, either she would tell Mom's road or she will tell our road.

One day when my husband asked her which road she told Standing line!! Thankfully my husband went straight though he didn't hear properly. He asked her again, what did you tell? She says I told Standing line, I don't want sleeping line!! She didn't want to him to take left turn, so no sleeping line! :bonk

Another day we were exchanging our love notes as usual. I told my daughter I love you dear. She said 'I love you too Amma' My husband said 'me too me too'. So I said 'No, I don't love you' So my daughter tell me ' I love you and you love me. so Marriage is for we two only. No marriage for Appa' !! :rotfl

She told that in Kannada.. for those who understand Kannada let me put exact words

' I LOVE YOU AND YOU LOVE ME, SO NANGE NINGE MADUVE, APPANGE MADUVE ILLA!'

Quite often we come across such punchlines, I will continue when I come across more, or when I recollect more!

2. SARASVADIVU

SARASVADIVU Silver IL'ite

Hi Tom & Jerry,

Cute write-up there:2thumbsup:

>I love you and you love me. so Marriage is for we two only. No marriage for Appa' !!

[​IMG]
    Your daughter's words made me rejoice.

Please do make us enjoy more of those

'childhood innocence':party

Love,

Saras

3. navs23

navs23 Platinum IL'ite

Tom & Jerry,
    Nice post. How old is your daughter? Loved 'no marriage for daddy'. Children are sometimes so hilarious :rotfl
    I did not understand the following lines:
    One day when my husband asked her which road she told Standing line!! Thankfully my husband went straight though he didn't hear properly. He asked her again, what did you tell? She says I told Standing line, I don't want sleeping line!! She didn't want to him to take left turn, so no sleeping line!
    Did she say this in kannada? if so can you share the kannada version?

4. ILoveTulips

ILoveTulips IL Hall of Fame

Thumba sennaanga idhe TomAndJerry.... Its always cute and sweet to hear lil ones dialogues... i enjoyed reading this.... Love to hear more of her punchlines... do share more when you find time...

ILT

5. iniyamalar

iniyamalar Gold IL'ite

ha..ha..

that was so sweet..

kids are like that ain't they.
    I remember my son telling me often

"Mummy when i become big like daddy. I also will marry you. I too love you."

such is their innocence...loved the post dear.
    Keep it coming

6. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi TJ,

A cute post!! kids are so funny and hilarious!!

My younger one always wonders why she is not in our wedding photos though she is in thatha-pati's wedding photos (60th anniversary)!! its something like "why am i not in your wedding but i am in your parent's wedding?" Hard to explain:bonk

lovely post dear.

Akila

7. Malar2301

Malar2301 Gold IL'ite

Lovely post TomNJerry!!! Kids sometimes take our breath away :biglaugh

8. sudhakrishna

sudhakrishna Gold IL'ite

:rotflha ha ha
    Nice thing to express her love over you. She want to show the she loves you more than your hubby. good
    keep updating

9. TomAndJerry

She is 3 years old. She said this in english itself. In Nursery before they teach alphabets they teach them how to write vertical and horizontal lines, which help them write letters like H, I, L, etc, so they call that as Standing line and sleeping line!!!

10. TomAndJerry

Saras - Thank you Saras, Will surely post more of them..

Akila - Yes Akila, my daughter too can never accept photos where I am with DH but she is not there, she is ok with photos where we are alone or with friends, but when ever she sees us together and she is not there she asks why she is not there... These days she even asks 'was I in your stomach at that time??'

iniyamalar - Nice one!! Tell him that when he grows up, he cannot control his laugh then!!

ILT - Thanks ILT.. nice try.. but I think you wanted to tell ' Tumbaa chennaagi ide'!

Malar - Thank you Malar.

Thank you Sudhakrishna