No Intent To Stir The Pot

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Greenbay, May 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Greenbay

Greenbay Gold IL'ite

True. I have seen you use Hindi often. I have also seen people inadvertently use Tamil/Telugu/Kannada without translating in snippets, most recently I read few Tamil ones, but they are usually between two posters in a lighter vein.

Would providing translation help? Yes,
    But if not provided, there are tools to find what they meant.

I usually provide translation to Hindi phrases on what I wanted to say than literal translation as translator tools don’t do good job.

Variety of Indian Languages are meant to unite and keep people together than break apart.

yellowmango likes this.
  2. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

@Greenbay
    Yes, everyone one has privilege to use their regional language in particular regional forums.
    Using Hindi or other languages may be one or two lines unexpectedly is also fine but we cannot use regional language to make fun of others that too when we are getting warnings for not to use Hindi unnecessarily in forums.
    Still I look for admin or induslady confirmation for reason behind Sandy's banned.

3. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

@Bandini
    Sandy,
    I too like your wise and matured posts, your witty comments and poetry. Once I told that write in poetry section. I had seen a few of your Hindi posts which were making fun of other users. I guessed you were known of what you was doing but you were in don't care state. I don't like only thar part of you Sandy... sorry if I said wrong or hurt you.

nandinimithun, shravs3 and Bandini like this.
  4. sokanasanah

sokanasanah IL Hall of Fame

The operative word here, for me, is the "Private," not the "folks" or their doings. We can hash this out later, in a separate thread if you are so inclined after this one has lived out its useful life. :wink1:
    I enjoyed your verses too. Actually they may be the only posts of yours I have read!:beer-toast1:

yellowmango and vaidehi71 like this.
  5. dc24

dc24 Gold IL'ite

I'm very confused....
    Why was @Nonya removed?

beautifullife30 likes this.
  6. Naari

Naari Platinum IL'ite

@Bandini hey candy, see if this makes sense to you. I am quite an idealistic person myself and cannot brush off any wrong or injustice anywhere. I manage a segment at my workplace right now & so many things are wrong with what’s going on there. And I have tried my blood sweat & tears to change what’s going on & it also takes a toll on me emotionally. So one day Dh (who I treat as my mentor) advises me: “every place that you go doesn’t have to or be turned into perfect . This world is never going to be perfect. Don’t constantly fight to change things unless it directly impacts you. Also, always have a macro picture in mind. What am I here to gain? Do and get that, stay transactional in your relationships outside & keep your head straight. Don’t try to change everything . “
    That advice really floated with me and had helped me a lot to differentiate between things I shd fight for & things that I totally need to ignore. There is a lot of benefits to being here, the knowledge exchange, variety of topics, friends, the fun that we can have (some, limited though), food etc. But, it’s not perfect like any other place. There is politics & hypocrisy like any other place. Our attitude shd be take to what we want from here , ignore the rest & move on. No need to try to change everything.

I hope that makes sense to you & you decide to stay on. In any case, we (I am getting y&r together) will email you & be in touch.

7. Archanaanchan

Archanaanchan IL Hall of Fame

Each word makes a lot of sense to me !! @Bandini i .. I wish you make a decision to stay ! Lets bring Y n R to life again .. We the y n r and a lot of other people out here have been looking forward for your stay.

Last edited: May 13, 2018
  8. sokanasanah

sokanasanah IL Hall of Fame

I think that was a joke - referring to IDs perhaps? :thinking: :wink1:

yellowmango likes this.
  9. Naari

Naari Platinum IL'ite

Hey candy, perhaps because nonya is back as okonomi (a guy profile name? Though I am not familiar with Japanese names) now instead of another girl name that’s why? Actually, I didn’t get it back then & now thinking it’s possible that’s what she meant. I was actually shaken too when she said that out in open, but now thinking it was definitely a joke, though not in good taste (since gender transformation is such a sensitive issue).

Sunshine04 and Archanaanchan like this.
  10. Naari

Naari Platinum IL'ite

‘ Lo chali mein chali dekho pyar ki gali, koi roko na mujhe..” :blush: @Bandini darling we will keep quoting you , pyar ki gali is where pyaari is:lol:

Let’s replay the gold bond moment!!

Archanaanchan likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.