1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

No Communication,feel Suffocated !!!

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by SadMarried, Jun 15, 2016.

1. SadMarried

SadMarried Silver IL'ite

hi ladies , im posting in this forum after a while.

Little bit of my background for ladies who doesnt know me in this forum , i have had difficult relationship with hubby for quite a while. Have been feeling taken for granted , no respect , no consideration , complete change of behavior negatively in front of in-laws, fulfilling unfair demand of him family along with extended family behind my back ,these all have been things i have been getting from hubby.

About me, I'm educated , independent lady with 2 years old handsom baby boy , i work in big company in quite reputed post, i'm successful in most of the aspect of my life apart from married life.

I'm pregnant with my second baby , its not planed and happened unexpectedly(i wouldnt have dared to plan second baby in not happy marriage), but now it happened ,i cant change the fact and taking the news very positively. On the other hand, hubby seems like forgets i'm even pregnant, he just needs excuse to shout at me , hurt me with his words, in first pregnancy , he was so caring and supportive towards me, this time he doesn't even care if i have eaten or not( not i expect him to but still it just feels weird). He comes home from work, eat and stay in his laptop/phone/TV until 12 , me being pregnant i feel so tired at the end of working day , after dinner i go to room to rest . I expect him to come to bedroom on time and have a little chat as i feel so lonely and emotional , may be pregnancy hormone. Sometimes i get lift from him to work , even on whole way , he doesn't talk to me at all , it feels like im with stranger. I have even told him relationship needs communication and commitment , but he just ignores me . So i feel so taken for granted, i m just there to work hard to earn big bucks for him and wife to show ppl around , that is all.

He is planning to invite his sister and her husband from backhome for 2 months, I politely requested him it will be difficult for me to look after guest in pregnancy with full time work and hyperactive baby. But he just takes my suggestion as disagreement and makes fuss about that . For avoiding his fuss and silent treatment i said Ok (even if my decision doesn't matter to him). I dont know how I'm going to manage when they are here for that long with hubby like that.

I just keep wondering is this marriage really worth it? This man is always angry at me , doesnt really understand my situation and has no consideration towards me , Even after doing everything at home from earning to managing all at home , i never get any appreciation, he doesnt talk much to my side of family, and i'm not expecting much of support from him in this pregnancy and delivery. Is he doing this because he thinks im having second baby and im bound to stay with him no matter what he does to me ? I definitely feel its not going to be easy to separate/divorce with second baby on the way. But sometimes i feel its better to be out of it than staying in relation where you are always lonely emotionally and physically anyways. IS there anything i can do to change his behavior towards me ? Or if i decide to separate , is it really very hard to manage with 2 kids ? I know all these negative thoughts are not good for baby inside me , but i cant help it , hence i thought i needed to tell someone about it all ,so asking you all wonderful ILs for advice?

2. SCk

SCk Silver IL'ite

Hi.
    I would suggest you to go and stay with your parents for quite some time. See if he changes. Talk to him and make your stand clear.tell him what You feel and what You expect from him.You being independent n earning enough, taking care of you and your child s expenses should not be a problem.
    Give him a chance to realise your importance.
    First let him know your importance.only then you can be comfortable. Don t be conservative n don t think you can do anything staying with him. Be emotionally strong. As he was taking care of you well during your first pregnancy, there is every chance he could come back to normal.

Stop giving your money to him. He 'll have a jerk. Once he understands you can stand alone, he 'll come your way.
    But I 've some questions?
    1.how does he bond with your kiddo
    2.is there a chance to stay with your parents and continue work?

Last edited: Jun 15, 2016
  3. SadMarried

SadMarried Silver IL'ite

hi SCK , thanks for your reply.

His bond with first baby is great , he loves him to bits, he only has got problem with me .

Regarding me going to stay with my parents , i live abroad and my parents live backhome ,so this is not possible in my case.

I dont know how can i make him realize my importance, staying away from him in this condition abroad is not easy, even if i would ,his false ego would only increase his anger.

4. SCk

SCk Silver IL'ite

He loves your kiddo, but he distances you. Did you hurt him or something that triggered this? What was the reason for this change?

5. SadMarried

SadMarried Silver IL'ite

We have had few very bitter moments in past , him hurting me than me hurting him. we talked abt it and i dealt with his complaint (his complaints was i stop him from looking after his family financially ,which isnt true , i only questioned him when his sisters and their kids would demand very expensive gift items like SLR,ipad, iphone ,laptop etc regularly), now i dont check on finance anymore ,thought money is not more important than inner peace, so he has full control. Now his sister want to have tour of London and UK with her hubby because of obviously brothers's carefree nature .As much as im not liking that , i cant do anything . After all , he has started disrespecting me more now . He just is bitter and angry towards me for no obvious reason.

6. SCk

SCk Silver IL'ite

I m very sorry for you op.looks like you are in a fix.
    According to me I 've only two solutions
    1. Try some extra concern on him, talk talk to him. Make him understand or

2. Try to bring your parents and stay seperate there and try a chance. Is that possible?

7. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Leave the hosting and care of the guests completely to him. Just make the little formal chitchat needed and busy yourself with your kid. Maintain a pleasant face and demeanor but only that much. Can you do this without nagging, showing sadness and entering into discussions which will only frustrate him and you?

Second pregnancy is a good time to stop "managing all at home".

You don't seem cut out for the divorce option in any way. So stop thinking of that as an option. It will only be a wishful thinking and plotting that remains only a thought.

monkatpeace87 and JGVR like this.
  8. kcb

kcb IL Hall of Fame

Dear OP,

Why don't you hire a cook / maid for 2 months during your SIL's visit?

I think you are living in UK, in UK you can get desi cooks / maids who charge hourly rate. So making rotis, 1 or 2 curries & cleaning house will take only 2 hours per day. I don't think it will cost you not more than 500GBP per month. I think money is not a problem for you as you are in a good reputed job.

monkatpeace87 and SCk like this.
  9. rangoli15

rangoli15 New IL'ite

Hii
    I am so sorry to hear your story but i will like to say that you should try to see the positivities in life.You are going to be a mother for second time and you should do just with the baby.Your thinking will affect the child so try to be happy.Its best to move to your parents house for a while you will feel better there with your loved ones.
    Sometimes i think even couples need to give space to eachother for a while.As far as your husband is concerned his behaviour is pretty bad and nothing can justify his acts.Evrybody goes through inlaws chaos and it certainly leads to some trauma in your relationship.But there is nothing in the world that you cannot repair.
    So for now concentrate on your child..husbands are now much in to electronic devices than us.You should try and talk hings out before making any decision.

take care

10. SadMarried

SadMarried Silver IL'ite

Thanks Rihana , leaving guest for him to take care of and take around with is what im planning as well. Whether they/he will like it or not , its different story.