1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

New Year's Day - General Time Pass (GTP)

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by satchitananda, Jan 1, 2012.

1. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

[​IMG]

Hi everybody. Wish you all a Very Happy and Prosperous New Year filled with fun, frolic, good cheer and the best of health. :-D

WARNING: The author does not accept liability for serious brain sprain suffered by readers who take the risk of reading this GTP. They have been adequately warned through the title. So continue to read at your own risk.

I have been wanting to write for a while now but all ideas have forsaken me in a fashion most unbecoming of all good ideas. But being New Year and all that, the spirit of bonhomie cannot leave me untouched (not even when I am at my grouchiest best), so I thought I would come and mark this day here with all other ILites, no matter what.

Last evening was spent in the house with me musing over some very radical questions such as the very purpose of my existence. :spin When this mood overcomes me, there is only one thing to do - get onto a chat with friends or call someone and bore them till they start agreeing with me and join me in asking the same question. :rotfl

Anyway to cut a long story short, was rambling along with a friend on chat. Predictably, the topic of husbands had to come in. The question of how to keep these overgrown boys and their tantrums under control came up. Was reminded of a dear friend of mine who is given to a certain degree of verbosity and stands up valiantly to a combined team of husband, daughter and son aligned together on the field of the domestic Kurukshetra. This friend once confided to me that she had had quite enough on a particular day and decided to keep mum. (I can quite believe her statement - I mean if she actually managed to keep quiet, the provocation must have been pretty intense. :coffee) No question or further provocation elicited any reply or reaction. Total silence was the mantra. This went on for an hour or two. Finally the opposing party was seriously worried. Husband kept asking the children what was wrong with mummy. A mum Mum was a disaster of serious proportions, not to be ignored or allowed to fester too long.

Now I thought it would be a very good idea to try this one out in my establishment. But the established norms in my house are very different. I tried it a couple of times and it was a complete flop. BH very happily went and parked himself in front of his computer and was lost to the world after that. I might have been non-existent for all practical purposes. This BH has ever since I know him revelled in the electronic world he inhabits. You should see the look on his face when he returns from work, has his dinner in the dark, then goes and lies down in the dark, Galaxy tablet in hand, earphones tightly plugged in and some music playing. It is like a child which has suddenly discovered the taste of chocolates (believe me, he has the same expression when he has a rasogolla tucked in his mouth and comes triumphantly to show me what he is eating - :roll:). That being the case, how does one express one's discontent to such a person.

The biggest bone of contention is his :bangcomp:. When I found that BH and his comp were Siamese twins to beat all Siamese twins, I thought it was time to give him a dose of his own medicine and developed this unbreakable Fevibond with my :Computer Typing. Imagine my consternation when BH was only too happy to get me the best one available at that time.:shock Now if I ever complain about him and his Siamese twin, he says it is because I am at my laptop all the time that he needs to sit at his to keep himself busy. Talk of technology coming to the aid of "man"kind. Huh!!!!!

WELLLLL, what does this have to do with New Year and New Year's Resolutions? Now please bear with me - it might sound a bit contorted, and I admit it is. But what the hell, why should everything in life be ramrod straight including logic, for that matter why should everything be logical or connected? So my New Year's Resolutions are:

I shall not necessarily try to find a rationale or logic for everything - including the behaviour of the male of the species.

I shall talk or write whatever comes to my mind and try to keep myself amused at all times. I suspect this should not be a very hard resolution to keep. My whole hearted apologies to you if my keeping myself amused leaves you with a twisted brain at the end of my ramblings. :hide:

I shall never again try to make a New Year's Resolution in the future.

Maybe my whole topic really has nothing to do with New Year Resolutions. It has just been a kind of New Year's mental yoga which has twisted this snippet into a shape sufficient to give BKS Iyengar a serious complex. :biglaugh

4 people like this.

2. knbg

knbg Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi dear Satchi.....:)
    Happy New Year!!!:)
    What a privilege to view your brand new snippet.....:banana:whistle.right out of the oven......relished it....and glad to begin my new year with a lavish serving of Satchi's Snippet which made me laugh...:rotfl.and think ...:coffee...at the same time.....:cheers
    Love you dear...:bowdown.!!!!
    Have a Happy New year!!!

1 person likes this.
  3. satchitananda

Thanks Bhargavi. Wish you the very same. Really sweet of you to have enjoyed a complete nonsensical snippet. :hide: :bonk

1 person likes this.
  4. sushmavja

sushmavja Platinum IL'ite

[QUOTE
    Now I thought it would be a very good idea to try this one out in my establishment. But the established norms in my house are very different. I tried it a couple of times and it was a complete flop. BH very happily went and parked himself in front of his computer and was lost to the world after that. I might have been non-existent for all practical purposes. This BH has ever since I know him revelled in the electronic world he inhabits. You should see the look on his face when he returns from work, has his dinner in the dark, then goes and lies down in the dark, Galaxy tablet in hand, earphones tightly plugged in and some music playing. It is like a child which has suddenly discovered the taste of chocolates (believe me, he has the same expression when he has a rasogolla tucked in his mouth and comes triumphantly to show me what he is eating - :roll:). That being the case, how does one express one's discontent to such a person.

[/QUOTE]
    satchi the same happens at my home too..even after all this drama BH doesnt understand ( or pretends) why i am upset and this makes me even more upset.. MEN will be MEN!!

Wish you and family too a cheerful and prosperous new year

2 people like this.
  5. satchitananda

Thanks Sushma. :)

Or boys will remain boys, should I say? :rotfl

1 person likes this.
  6. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

That was a great time pass for the 1st day of the year Satchi...
    As you say boys are boys....hahahaha

2 people like this.
  7. satchitananda

8. manjukps

manjukps IL Hall of Fame

Ha ha Sachi,

I have company. Sometimes when I keep mum, I am very doubtful, whether men could interpret anything at all or is it their tactics to be dumb. As I told in a thread of Kamla's my hubby bought me a Dell (as he was in love with his) when I started snatching his time of laptop (that's when I started posting in this wonderful site though I joined in 2010 - thanks to him) at home apart from doing his work in office laptop.

Recently re-read the book "Men are from mars and women are from Venus". Men are men.

WISH YOU VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR.

Regards
    Manjukps

2 people like this.
  9. satchitananda

Manju, isn't that a smart way of getting a laptop of your own? :rotfl

10. knbg

knbg Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Nice to see many of our friends sailing in the same ship.......!!!!:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

1 person likes this.