1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

New Year resolution!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by PushpavalliSrinivasan, Dec 31, 2011.

1. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

New Year resolution

The last day of the year 2011 is slowly moving forward to go to oblivion. The year 2012 is going to take its place in a few hours. People will welcome the New Year with celebrations by partying or visiting a temple or picnicking.

Now coming to the topic ‘New Year resolution’ I was wondering if I have ever made any New Year resolution. So what? There is nothing wrong at least if I make one now at the fag end of my life. So I was raking my brain to figure out what resolution I can make which I could adhere to.:bonk

I thought that I will meditate daily for an hour. But I had a doubt for it is tough even to control the mind for five minutes. So I abandoned the idea. Then I thought that I will go for a walk an hour daily to keep myself fit. Oh my God! How can I go for a walk daily when I am doing all the household cores all by myself? That itself is enough to keep myself fit.

At least can I forego drinking coffee? Oh, no, this is also not possible. I drink coffee :coffee only once in the morning which I believe, gives me the energy and briskness.

Can I cut my internet time and restrict it to an hour for day? This is the only source for me to get in touch with the outside world. Once I get into the web world I completely get caught into it.

At last you know what resolution I have decided upon? As usual not to make any resolution and to break it. :hide:

As laws are made only to break them, resolutions are also made to break only.

New Year is another day as the other days. Why to make a big fuss about it and rake the brain?

Have you all thought of making a resolution? Share it here with me so that at least next year I can choose the best from those resolutions.

Wish you all “A Happy New Year!” :)

8 people like this.

2. sreemanavaneeth

sreemanavaneeth Gold IL'ite

Hai MA,

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2012. why we have to make resolution ALWAYS THINK POSITIVE, DO GOOD TO OTHERS
    NOT HURT OTHERS, PRAY GOD AND BE HELPFUL TO OTHERS APART FROM THAT BETTER BE A GOOD HUMAN
    ON THE EARTH. I do not believe in resolution I have not taken any resolution also.

After a longtime i am reading your blog felt that I talked to my MOM ( who is in heaven now)

3. PushpavalliSrinivasan

Dear Sreemathi,
    Glad to receive your fb and thanks for your good wishes. I too do not believe in making any resolution. I was just trying to step myself into others shoes to get the feel of it.

It is touching to hear that you had the feeling of talking to your departed mom when you read my blog.
    God bless you and your family! May the year 2012 bring happiness, contentment and prosperity!
    Love,
    PS

4. radhavenkatesh

radhavenkatesh Silver IL'ite

ps
    u know very long back i heard these words cross the bridge when it comes ... so resolutions are like to be made to be broken when required ;)
    so my resolution is to live life to fullest.... we donno how long we are going to live ... so as long as life is there have all the fun it gives...
    radha

5. manjukps

manjukps IL Hall of Fame

Dear Pushpa aunty (hope I can call you so),

I too never believed in taking resolutions. Our priorities always changes. My policy is to be good, do good, talk good, think good. that is it. Every day is a new day as good as the day of New Year.

Wish you very happy new year.

Regards
    Manjukps

1 person likes this.
  6. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear PS
    A timely and excellent post. Kamalji would perhaps add 'as only you can write'. My favourite writer Oscar Wilde has the right thing to say about resolutions. "Good resolutions are simply cheques that men draw on a Bank where they have no account"

Please note that Oscar Wilde talks only about 'good' resolutions. We all know that a resolution has to be about something that is expected to make our lives better. That's why we find it so hard to keep up. If one wants to be better, he would go about it silently. He won't declare it in the loudest possible tone and make an ass of himself by breaking it the very next day!

The interesting thing about a resolution is that it is an open acknowledgement of a negative habit of ours which we have been following all our lives and an effort to break free from it. So by making a resolution, we only lay bare before the public some lousy aspect of ours!

Wish you a 'Resolution Free' Happy New Year!
    Sri

4 people like this.
  7. PushpavalliSrinivasan

Dear Radha,
    Your quote: "Cross the bridge when one comes to it." will not be applicable in all the matters.
    But I am happy to note your resolution-that to live the life to the fullest.
    May all your dreams come true and all wishes fulfilled
    Love,
    PS!

8. geethaprashanth

geethaprashanth Silver IL'ite

hi,

My new year resolution PROGRESS !! PROGRESS!!! PROGRESS.!!!!!

1 person likes this.
  9. PushpavalliSrinivasan

Dear Manju,
    No problem in calling me aunty. I have already become a grand mother.
    I very much appreciate your policy to be good, to do good and to talk good. Keep it up and you will be always happy!
    With love,
    PS

10. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Dear Pushpa Mami,

2 people like this.