New to Singapore, expecting friends

Discussion in 'New to Singapore' started by Meegana, Feb 12, 2015.

1. neilamano

neilamano New IL'ite

Hi Meena,
    If you are a stay at home mom, a good way to make new friends are to send your kids to sports, music, tuition classes. You would be surprised how many parents bonded with each other while waiting for their kids.

If you are keen to pick up new skills or meet other stay at home moms, attend classes yourself. Out of curiosity I attended a mompreneur event and walked away with not just new friends but also a up and running online business!!

2. Neha70

Neha70 New IL'ite

Hi Meegana

Same here with me. I recently visited the library that has been newely constructed in Tampenies hub. Its like really big. If you like reading its really a good time pass.

3. Neha70

Neha70 New IL'ite

Hi PREETHUSRINI
    I am new to Singapore too. I totally agree, its so boring to stay at home. I stay in Tampines. Trying to make new friends.

4. Neha70

Neha70 New IL'ite

Hi Nathee,

I am new to Singapore too. I am from Bangalore. Its really boring to stay at home. I stay at Tampines. Lets get connected.

5. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Neha,

Welcome to SG :)

The hub is a great place to meet new friends and a lovely place to get fit and entertained. I enjoy the hub a lot :)

Neha70 likes this.
  6. Neha70

Neha70 New IL'ite

Thank you AkilaMani. Glad to be the part of the group

7. Neha70

Neha70 New IL'ite

Hi Sowmya,

I Live in Tampines too , St 41. I am new to Singapore. Let get together some time.

8. Neha70

Neha70 New IL'ite

Hi AkilaMani,

I usually spend time in hub. I liked the library over there. Even the jogging track. I used to go for job when i was in India. Now I am a house wife. Its kind of boring here in Singapore without any friends.

9. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Neha,

Transition from a working person to being a homemaker is difficult. There is no deadlines to meet, no scheduled work to complete. But keeping ourselves engaged and bring in more structure to the unstructured can help us discover a lot about ourselves and also provide more time for personal development. Of course having friends will be a plus :)

Keep going out to places of interest to you and you will definitely meet people with similar interest :) Best wishes !

nikhath and Neha70 like this.
  10. Neha70

Neha70 New IL'ite

Hi Ladies ,

Anybody staying in flora drive ? Trying to make some friends, It gets boring after i finish all the chores at home. Hoping to catch up with new people.