1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

New to Charlottesville, VA

Discussion in 'Indians in Richmond' started by labbu, May 20, 2010.

1. labbu

labbu Silver IL'ite

Hi,

I am planning to move to Charlottesville in next couple of weeks.
    I would like to know where Desis recide in Charlottesville n how good is tha place for Desis in terms of Rent, Grocery Shops, Indian Restaurants etc?

Your advice would be of great help.

Regards

Last edited: May 20, 2010

2. Sleepy

Sleepy New IL'ite

Hi Labbu,

Welcome to Charlottesville!

There are two small Indian Grocery stores. One is close to the corner of Rio Rd and Rt.29. I do not know the street of the other one, but it is across from a store called "Freestyle". If you find the address for that store, you would be able to find the Indian Grocer there. I have not been there yet.

There are 3 Indian restaurants- Milan, Maharaja, the last one I can't remember the name. Milan is on Rt.29 close to Barracks Road and Maharaja is in the Seminole Square shopping area off of Rt 29.

I honestly don't really know where most of desis live around here. If you are coming here to be part of University of Virginia, you will probably find a lot. But if your not going to be affiliated with the University it is quite a bit harder to get acquainted with other desis here as they seem to be pretty tight knit and in terms of living, they are very spread out. There is an Indian Association of C-ville, there website is

Indian Association of Charlottesville

Hope this helps!

~Sleepy

3. poojajignesh

poojajignesh New IL'ite

hi labbu

i am moving to charlottesville can u suggest a place where we can find desis since u have been staying there since 2010 are there any temple '/ i did not find any indian website for shared accomdation also ... if you are still staying there can pls share the information u have abt the place

thanks'
    Pooja

4. Anushar1408

Anushar1408 New IL'ite

Hi Labbu and Pooja,
    I am moving Virginia for a new job in Wayneseboro VA.
    Can you please tell me where I can find roommates to live with in and around Charlottesville and what are the best places to live.
    Thank you,
    Anusham