New to Abu Dhabi. Schools pls...............

Discussion in 'Schools/Playgroups/Daycares in Abu Dhabi' started by Innovative, Nov 24, 2008.

1. Innovative

Innovative New IL'ite

Hi every one,
    I am yet to relocate to Abu Dhabi, in the process. My only son is studying in DPS school in Doha currently in 3rd std.
    1. I would like to know whether there is any DPS in AD
    2. If it is there will it be possible for an admission in it from January?
    3. or is it possible to get admission in any other indian schools in the 3rd term?
    4. If nothing opens out, is there any way I can put him in the next class in any International schools (as their academic year will start after christmas)
    Please guide me.

2. daffodil

daffodil Bronze IL'ite

Hi Innovative,

There is no DPS in Abu dhabi, though there is one at Dubai.
    Few of the goos schools in Abu Dhabi are Abu Dhabi Indian School, Sherwoods, Our Own Indian School, St Joseph's

Most of them issue admission forms in Dec-Jan. Look up their websites & you can call or mail them with your query.

I'm not too sure about the mid term admissions though. You will have to check on this one as well.. same applies to the International schools.

You need to call/visit them personally and find out.
    Most popular ones here... Al Nahda, GEMS, Cambridge, Al Raha, Choufeiat

Sorry not much help here.

3. Innovative

Innovative New IL'ite

Thank you very much

4. abriannerossi

abriannerossi New IL'ite

[TABLE="width: 591"]
    [TR]
    [TD="width: 591"]Hi all, sorry for putting this thread up but I just wanna ask about the schools in Abu Dhabi. I want to enroll my child in any international school here but I am still undecided. While checking google I saw a new school opened called Ajyal International School - has anyone heard of this? It looks good but I'm trying to work out whether is the right school for him and as it's new I'm not really sure how to go about it. Any thoughts on this? Thanks[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]