New comers to UAE- Visit here

Discussion in 'IL'ites in Dubai' started by balamotwani, Sep 22, 2007.

1. malathyj

malathyj Silver IL'ite

Hello Lakshmi,
    Welcome to UAE. There are quite a few 5 dirhams shops in Sharjah. You have one on King Faisal Street signal. While coming from Dubai on the King Faisal Street, you have Choithram on your right and in that signal take the right and you will find a 5 dhs shop on your left.

Then if you go to Rolla, on the main road, there are so many of them on the main road.

Trust this helps. regards Malathy

2. msl01

msl01 New IL'ite

Re: Are you new to Dubai, need Help....

Hi,
    Plz advice on comin to UAE , so many travel agents say so many diff things....really confused.

experienced folks what is the best way for a professional with US exp to seek work in UAE? come on visit visa or how to seek permanent visa?

thanks in advance

3. sweetdxb

sweetdxb New IL'ite

You can come on a Visit visa and apply for a job over here. Getting Visit Visa for single woman aged between 18-25 is quiet difficult, but still manageable.

Once you get the Job, the company will process a residence visa for you.

Another option is, there so many companies they offer Consultancy visas, you have to pay lump sum amount for the visa, it is for 3 years. You can rent a Desk space at any serviced office spaces and work as a freelancer.

4. msl01

msl01 New IL'ite

hi,sweetdxb
    thank u so much for replying ,actually my husband is seeking for the job ,will that b difficult for him to go on visit visa ? and can u also tell me more about the 'Consultancy Visa' like how much does it cost n which companies provide that, its benefits .
    thanks

Last edited: Jul 13, 2009
  5. ummakolus

ummakolus New IL'ite

hii

iam new out here both in uae and indus ladies..it was infact a great help from ur side on the consultants and other stuffs ..can any one help me out on the get together or any other group for ladies from kerala..i would also love to know about bharatnatyam dance schools also in abudhabi

cheers
    ummakolus

6. dpzz

dpzz New IL'ite

Hi ,

I am new to Indusladies.I am Deepa.I will be shifting to dubai in may 2010.i am from kerala.Currently i am working as a software test engineer at trivandrum.Could you tell what all the things i need to take care while shifting to dubai.Also i am a lot worried about getting a job over there.Can you suggest what i need to do for getting a job in IT sector in dubai.Really in a confused state.:-(

7. hetha

hetha Bronze IL'ite

Hi balamoltwani,
    I am staying in chennai. I was there in sharajah from 2006 to 2008 and after that til now we r staying in india only. The prob is my husband who is working in dubai,lost our original marriage attested certificate and this he came to know when he applied visa for us. But he has got the xerox copy of it and the UAE govt wants only original. Is there any option for it or where in chennai u got attested ur marriage certificate. Iam in urgent as we wanted to put our son in school for coming sep. Can u pls help me out.

Good regards.

8. ngmenon

ngmenon New IL'ite

Hi I am new to dubai. I am looking for a bharatanatyam dance teacher for my daughter. I was told Annapoorna Murali is the one who teaches in the Kalakshethra style but I am not able to locate her number. Since she is placed somewhere in Karama it is closer for me to commute as well. Can u please help me find this teacher.

Thanks

9. sreeraga

sreeraga Silver IL'ite

Hi All,
    My DH is working in Abu Dhabi & has got his resident visa. His company is processing my resident visa too as a dependent. I am a Chemical Engineer by qualification & was working here as lately as June 11. I have more than 6 years of experience in Oil & gas industry with process engineering & process control background. Can anyone suggest me suitable openings there in Abudhabi. Also DH has seen a flat near Al Reem Plaza. Can anyone tell me what all is available near that place.

thanks & regards
    AS

10. amruthakithu

amruthakithu Senior IL'ite

Hi Friends,

Hope all are doing great!!!

Will come to the point directly, We are about to move to Dubai on First week of Jan 2012. My DH company is sponsoring Residence permit for me and my DD. I came to know that, we cannot rent a house unless we don't have residence permit in Dubai. Now my query is,

1. How long will it take to process Residence permit from Visit visa. Any medical test required while applying for RP?

2. Whether employment visa and Residence permit are one and the same?

3. Even if we open a bank account in Dubai, Is it possible to get the cheque book ASAP?

If at all, employment visa and residence permit are one and the same, it will help my DH in looking after house for rent in Dubai or Sharjah ( as you all know that DH will be entering UAE in Employment visa)

I know i have put on very tough questions to you friends, but then i'm helpless as of now and thought you friends will be of my great help.

Awaiting for your valuable reply and new friends.

Regards
    Amrutha :cheers