Never Mind.....

Discussion in 'Community Chit-Chat' started by Amulet, Sep 22, 2018.

1. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

A Chinese Fortune Cookie:
    "mess with cook in kitchen, get ass in jam"

Afresh likes this.
  2. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

Hahaha.... this reminded me of that famous cartoon:
    View attachment 258741

3. Novalis

Novalis Gold IL'ite

In a library reading Svejk. The book is so funny that I am gagging myself to stop the noisy laughter. Swipe IL for solemnity to jolt me out of this funny business. I saw your ..

The stress of talking the teens out of coloring their hair could cause the mom's hair to grey in turn!
    Cracked my cheek. You are the resident stand-up comedian!
    Amulet, you outperform yourself in wit! You ain't helping me. (Get back to book.)

4. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

Why are you in a library ? Isn't a Svejk available on the internet, in some ebook format?
    The older ones would never let the young ones know the details of how a baby is made, lest they get scared off the whole thing. Now that we have everything on the internet (apparently not Svejk) the kids are thinking they'd take only the good parts and leave out the broccoli.
    Those who have had the broccoli know what it is to keep it in the natural color it (i.e., the broccoli) came with. Talking a teenager out of a weird color to the hair is not a simple task. Perhaps it is all intended in the mysterious ways of nature; all those arguments comes right back and works against the mother in her own wonder about whether or not she ought to dye that silver streak on the head.

5. Afresh

Afresh Gold IL'ite

Incidentally! look what Wikipedia threw up

Georg Philipp's view of the world "nothing is commonplace" because "all, when rightly seen, is symbolic."

6. Novalis

Novalis Gold IL'ite

When a man (symbolically) offers a Cadbury chocolate .. I care for you.
    When the woman eats that chocolate and swirls contorted (symbolically) .. I crazy care for you too.

Kya atoot swaad hai symbolism mein! :oops::confused::D:icon_writing:

Last edited: Mar 13, 2019
    SunPa likes this.
  7. Afresh

Afresh Gold IL'ite

Georg Philipp's view of the world "nothing is commonplace" because "all, when rightly seen, is symbolic."

Centum correct!

@Novalis ....The keyword there was when rightly seen! :smash2:
    Maybe am on a tangent here!

8. Novalis

Novalis Gold IL'ite

While the public is more than ever polarized on the political ambitions of America, I found an article pointing out the solidarity amongst the ivory-walled professoriate very unsual: Rise of the pedant

The article opened contesting the "medieval" usage leading on to the persecuted vagaries of a pedant's intervention upholding his expertise in a slipping world's disregard for literalism.

I am regardful of the pedants, on encounter, emphasizing the malfeasance of a misplaced apostrophe. Eat your carrots and green's!

Pedants are pesky but are the self-entitled custodians in marshaling the evolution of language. Language naturally evolves! But their peeve is that it does not keel itself too swift ..waking up one day to realize that colloquial 'medieval' is not literal 'medieval' anymore ....but would want to constrict its evolution to an agreeable pace.

Found the article amusing in the glut of other political musings.

9. Novalis

Novalis Gold IL'ite

Mira: Do you love me?
    Kartik: Whoah ...where is this coming from?
    Mira: Do you love me?
    Kartik: All these days yet you ask.
    Mira: Do you love me, just to the point.
    Kartik: I am trying to say ...
    Mira: Then just say it ...
    Kartik: Trying to say that ..
    Mira: Damn just say it...
    Kartik: Mira, I was trying to say that ..
    Mira: Uffo Kartik, say it.
    Kartik: But I am left-handed.

Afresh likes this.
  10. Novalis

Novalis Gold IL'ite

The conventional reaction to such friendly observation is humility.
    (I am nothing! You are sweet in that mention! I am just a speck! You are kind in that praise!)

Unless I am in a hurry, there's no clause for expedient and humble niceties in reciprocation. Another day, the post would have snapped in earlier statement. But, today, I have ample time for banter.

The first time I watched this scene from the movie 3 Idiots, it made an impression.
    ("It took two broken legs to get up on my feet")

Though it took less than two broken limbs to cultivate this eloquence, I was neither raised this way, nor educated this way. It took much jolt impressed by men whom I have vaguely yet meaningfully known in the past to set me up to earn the language instinct that most readily identify in me today: groomed this way. I am articulate to the effect of those reprimands and nudges and impressions -- improve upon the language, which the men in varied yet consistent interventions have insisted in me. Novalis, language! Not pomposity, but precision! I emerged in that smeared enthusiasm out of the inspirational rub from these men. If not for them, I would not have been this mouthful Novalis.

Thereafter, in Raju’s ishtyle, I prefer winding honesty over crisp humility in reciprocation to your slanted observation.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2019
    GeetaKashyap and Afresh like this.