Never Mind.....

Discussion in 'Community Chit-Chat' started by Amulet, Sep 22, 2018.

1. Ouroboros

Ouroboros Silver IL'ite

The others were only meh!
    (Compared to Steffi’s even-handed quip)

2. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

When people copy a pioneer, that is bound to happen.
    I am now investigating whether the children (two of them) of graf and agassi are doing thoroughly useless things in preparing for their grownup life. After all, they found wealthy parents, who give them everything they want, and not even force them to become Tennis slaves.

3. Ouroboros

Ouroboros Silver IL'ite

I am very Eloise in attitude capitalising on bickering and estranged and affluent parents, alas, mine turned out to be loving and caring.

Eloise is a girl who lives in the "room on the tippy-top floor" of the Plaza Hotel in New York City with her Nanny, her pug dog Weenie, and her turtle Skipperdee.

Whilst other concerned onlookers might wonder in a platitudinous inquiry how a girl growing up with no loving parents in a plaza would suffer the trauma, I would have had a smashing time as an amateur and precocious explorer of human intricacies.

Do you ever wonder some kids could flourish in perceived ‘pitiable’ conditions? I would have been one such wild-hearted kid coaxing out purchases from both the guilt-ridden parents and luxuriating in my study room with my pet hedgehog named ‘Caractatus’ whilst they (the parents) fret and bicker about their gross incompatibility.

Since the age of six I importuned by parents to send me to a boarding school as too much love and pamper distracts a spirited child like me from self-nurtured callings of adopting a hedgehog for a pet. Guilt-ridden parents depriving me of a ‘normal biparental’ upbringing would have additionally set up a dolphin in a bathtub!

See, I have the knack and smarts of a survivor child but not the obscenely ‘wealthy’ situation. The Lord Creator has been unfair, he could have switched me, the lousy and self-centred waif, with a crumpled and regular child yearning for love and attention.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2018
    Amulet likes this.
  4. Ouroboros

Ouroboros Silver IL'ite

While you are probing the turnaround of economic and social endowment from wealthy parents, you might want to explore rumblings of any sibling rivalry. Many months ago, I read Abraham Tesser's SEM model of reflection and comparison to account for good and bad feelings. It's so bewildering simple yet I don't know if it is as well-known as other models to analyse self-evaluation.

Input:

1. performance (high [as in award] or low [as in disgrace])
    2. proximity (close [as in sibling] or distant[as in celebrity] in relation)
    3. relevance (to the malleable self-definition)

Output:

1. Comparison (envy, low-esteem on other's achievement)
    2. Reflection (pride, high-esteem on other's achievement)

You can manipulate a feeling like "envy" into "apathy" by tweaking the input (#3) to yield the desired output (#2). When I first read about the theory, I was transfixed. It's freaking comprehensible! Later, incidentally, I stumbled on a thread dealing with sibling rivalry. I hastened to refer to this SEM model of self-evaluation but I balked at the thought of perceived threat that I might be misconstrued for a hardlined and mumbo-jumbo crackpot with calcified wiring in dealing with soft vulnerability.

You might find it useful in your variegated inquiry of human pathos. Found the conceptualization insightful back then.

Amulet likes this.
  5. Ouroboros

Ouroboros Silver IL'ite

Cutlet,

Do you ever feel aa gale lag jaa zindagi? What that means? It means an indescribable and sweeping emotion of crossed luck. Eh, what that means. OK, it means you surrender to an incidental book as your preferred book by the writer is not available in the library. I rummaged in the library for Joseph Epstein's "Snobbery: The American Version". I found his other unfamiliar writing "Friendship: An Exposé". Beggars can be robbers and murderers but cannot be choosers. So I picked what I found. This is described as my "aa gale lag jaa zindagi" metaphor for life seeks you as you seek life. Girl! Am I glad I read this low-grade book? I am! I liked it. I liked the discrete essays on friendship very much. Ta!

Amulet likes this.
  6. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

It does... it does.
    I am reminded of Jack Nicholson spitting out: "You want the truth?....You can't handle the truth..."

7. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

an exposé ? When rummaging in an off-campus book store, I'd see a title, and reformat that into whatever that had been running in my brain at that time. "How green was my valley" (Richard Llewellyn, not recommending this, especially in times when you feel "aa gale lag jaa zindagi") made me think "How significant was your significant other?". This years ago memory got washed up as I recommended an IL member go online and shop for a (very) personal gift for Deepavali. That aa-gale-feeling cannot be limited to books, no?

Last edited: Oct 26, 2018
  8. Ouroboros

Ouroboros Silver IL'ite

They (who: swooning Oracle of Delphi) claim that every human has seven naturally-found clones in the world apart from any AI-assisted unholy Dolly split. I am beginning to believe in that speculation. Are you my shirttail clone with shared consciousness as you perceive my mind with the transparency as that of a jellyfish despite the covered-up scales and plush-lined skin and dense fog? ;):eek:o_O

Truth: I am generally frightened of human interactions barring known voices. I could call you Cutlet or Cutlass but I would not risk that liberty with unfamiliar voices.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2018
    Amulet likes this.
  9. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

You toss a stimulus into a forum, you are bound to get various responses (subject to forum rules) -- now and then, it is bound to seem like a kindred spirit.... if not a Dolly-split. Those who get excited about a feedback are usually looking for an odd thing they'd not have thought of, something from a non-clone. To such characters, a soothing approbation in a feedback, would be suspicious, an obvious pulling of the leg.
    Yes. I noticed that you cut loose within a corral.

10. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

@Ouroboros I saw your "Selection" criteria.... and wondered who makes specimens like that. And tried to translate the Moose-aspect into simple descriptors....

"Moose: For a human, that too a woman, I could be short-burst hair-splitting capable of deploying militant levels of combat whilst defending the size of pepper corns added to the sambhar powder, and equally give an earful in sharp confrontations in personal conflicts. [I am irrational and fiesty] I’m iron-clad or immune to emotional breakdown to not only withstand but promptly graze over virulent spars with mental partition.[Also forgetful] I could flip-flop between intense and inane dealings with ease. [and Unsteady]The man should sustain the gradient mettle to lock horns with me and not feel rundown by the extremities in my confrontational style (I whip up hot-debate and swing to cold-debate and scorch it up only to freeze it down or dismissively laugh it up in a tomfoolery) [size me up for a straight jacket]. Many find that bewildering and intimidating in me ....where the norm is to brood plaintively and ceaselessly till the bone crumbles and sulk till the skin withers ...but the kindred man always finds such upheaval from ferocity to flippancy attractive and amusing in me.[I am what I am] He should be lively with charitable interpretations in conflicts: She does not mean it the way she says it whereas I playfully insist: You meant it the way you could never have said.[I can say/do whatever] He should be a jolly moose in barbed face-off and comic gainsay.[I have never seen a real moose in my life] I don't impose on the man to say the right thing at the right time as that would be delusion to wait up on the opportune timing.[He may say or not say anything or nothing] He could utter the devastating put-down at unlikely timing and I could shrug of as is expected of him when I swap the blows.[ I want a nutter]
    One member put out a grand futuristic vision.... bordering on the notion "From each according to her ability, to each according to her needs" ==click=> A Futuristic Vision
    A Freudian Slip from Marx... :blush::blush::blush:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 28, 2018