Need to travel out of Singapore Before collecting the DP card..Need Info

Discussion in 'New to Singapore' started by swaran, Jul 23, 2013.

1. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

Hello all,

I require the following information

If a person has come under Dependant pass,applied/not applied for DP card at the MOM,but before collecting the card,wishes to leave the country(vacation) for 3-4 days along with the EP holder

(1)what is the procedure?
    (2)Is this allowed?
    (3)Do we need any approval letter??
    (4)Anyone i could contact to get information..any specific link

PS::I already tried calling ICA,they informed that i can get a seperate visa if requried but somehow i am not convienced,i am not sure whether they got my query...and tried refering the websites as well but no proper input

So seeking all your help
    Please provide your valuable inputs!!!!

2. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Swaran,

When you say come under DP, do you mean you have an in-principle letter for DP and are yet to collect the DP?
    If so, then you have to check with ICA if the in-priniciple letter is a multiple entry visa or single entry. If it is single entry, then you have to get a multiple entry visa so as to enter SG again after the vacation.

I am not sure whether an IP is considered multi or single entry.

If the visitor has come in as social visit pass and you have applied for DP and are waiting to collect, then check the passport to see if the visa stamping is multi / single entry. If it is multi you can re-enter SG after vacation without issues else you will have to get a multiple entry stamping done.

This is only my opinion dear, you might want to consider visiting ICA and making a direct enquiry for more details.

1 person likes this.
  3. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

Hi Akila

Yes i mean we have the IP letter,and yet to collect the card
    Thanks a lot for the information...
    so incase multiple entry is not allowed for our DP(not mentioned in IPA),so it means i need to take multiple entry visa if we are leaving singapore right??
    if so,visa will be to-from which country..i mean from india or to the country where we go..
    i am really confused,it would be great if you gimme somemore information

4. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I too am unsure about this. You will have to check with ICA to know if the IP is multiple or single entry. If it is single, then you can ask them about the process to get an multiple entry visa for Singapore stating that the IP holder is already in SG and mention the country you will be travelling too. also it might be a good idea to check if the country you are visiting has on-arrival visa stamping and remember to mention it to ICA enquiry as they may have different process for different visa stamping processes.

I don't know if this is of help. Hope others who have encountered this situation reply with more information. ILities, please pour in your experience.

5. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

thanks akila for your information :)
    i have sent a mail to the MOM...let me check out

1 person likes this.
  6. Roopavikas

Roopavikas New IL'ite

Hi swaran,
    I am also in the same place .. we have some travel plans and entered SG through IPA.. could you please let me know , what did mom had to say about it ?

Thanks in advance

Cheers, Roopa