1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Need To Potty Train My 2year Boy

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by sumalynux, Sep 2, 2017.

1. DDream

DDream Finest Post Winner

OP, I used a potty seat above normal toilet seat and a stepping stool combination for my kids. I didn't use potty for kids as some friends said that kids may later hesitate to use normal toilet..
    Don't worry, your kid will do when he is ready. Most kids get fully trained mostly by 2.5 to 3y, my kids too. I used to ask him , if he wants to go or take him to toilet in regular intervals. Also trained them to sit on the toilet seat and to stay without diaper for long time. They do only when they are ready. Keep encouraging him to use toilet, but don't force..

Amazon.com : Disney Mickey Mouse Deluxe Potty, Red : Baby
    Disney® Mickey Clubhouse Capers Step Stool in Blue

Last edited: Sep 3, 2017
  2. Vedhavalli

Vedhavalli Platinum IL'ite

Please visit toysrus and babysrus, there you get something called potty watch, it comes with a timer set up.
    Tell kid, when it beeps you got toilet. It comes with few potty songs.
    Do buy step stool and a potty seat to fit in normal WC. They come with different cartoons. Buy nice foam soap for his after potty hand wash.
    I too trained my child with that.
    My suggestion would be no potty for kids, i see many kids demand for thier potty seats even when they travel. I saw a parent having potty seat in the car trunk!
    No diapers wheh u train for potty..
    Take him without diapers for 20-30 out like small grocery shopping, or for a walk.
    Soon he will know to use.

sumalynux likes this.
  3. toddler20177

toddler20177 New IL'ite

Hello

It would be helpful if you can show him potty kids song like little baby bum has a good one on youtube. Also convince that it becomes more messy and smelly for him if poop stays in diaper. At times you need to be creative to prove him.

Thanks

4. sumalynux

sumalynux IL Hall of Fame

Hello all

My son turns 2.6years Monday..
    I started potty training. First day he just sat on potty seat with his dress on.. 2nd day twice he peed in potty seat. 3rd day he started telling amma close eyes, and removed his pants and peed.. 4th day onwards no single accidents. I was really worried. Dint knew he would pick up this easily...

It's true when they are ready, they can be potty trained in 3days..