1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Need tips on Ayurvedic hair care

Discussion in 'Hair Care & Hair Styles' started by farwin, May 4, 2011.

1. farwin

farwin New IL'ite

Hi all,
    I have hair fall and premature graying.I stopped using the store bought oils and shampoos which i think aggravated my graying of hair.
    I prepared me own herbal oil with coconut oil,amla,brahmi and curry leaves powder.Couldn't find the bringaraj powder....

After leaving the oil overnight on my hair i wash off with Meera herbal hairwash powder.But the hair is not bouncy or flowing as before.Rather it's all clumped together and has a dry feel.

Do i need to use a conditioner after i wash my hair with the herbal powder..?

What do i need to do..? Please help...

2. Yashikushi

Yashikushi Moderator IL Hall of Fame

3. achinntya2010

achinntya2010 New IL'ite

hi,
    Even i too had the same problem yaar. I shifted to herbal oil bath, herbal hair powder and use even herbal conditioner. Now the texture of my hair has changed and its silky too.
    Try this. Ayurvedic hair powder:
    Shika- 500 gms, Kichilikizhangu-500gms, bengal gram- 50gms, vendayam- 100gms, rawrice- 100gms, neem leaf- 100gms, vettiver- 50gms, punkangkai- 100gms. Powder all and mix in water to a paste and apply.
    Herbal conditioning pack: karisilangkanni- 100gms, Mehandi-100gms, Vendayam-2tspn, Vaal Milagu-1tspn, lemon-1, egg-2, tea dicoction- 2tbspn, vinegar- 2tspn, sour curd- 2 cups, castor oil- 50ml, neemoil- 50ml, gingily oil-1tspn.
    Make a paste of first 5 items and mix rest. apply first gingely oil after heating a little adn then apply the pack adn leave for a hour. and wash wel. definetly u will get a silky hair. hair fall will reduce and it will turn black after a few washes.
    take care.

4. virtualkv2020

virtualkv2020 Platinum IL'ite

Achinntya..
    Can you please translate the ingredients in English ? Did you get these hair recipes from any Ayurvedic doctor?