1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Need suggestions for travelling with my 21 month old

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by saraswathy9, Jun 2, 2015.

1. saraswathy9

saraswathy9 New IL'ite

Hi all,
    I will be travelling to India with my 21 month old during July last week. I read all the wonderful posts on tips for travelling with toddlers/babies.. thank you for the great tips!

I have a question.

I am planning to take my daughter as a seat child. But the fare for seat child is almost as good as the adult fare.
    I was wondering if I can save some money by not booking a seat for her and waiting for my luck about finding an extra unoccupied seat in the flight.
    wanted to know the traffic from the USA to India during July-august.

Or do you suggest i pay the extra money and book a seat for her?

Most probably, I will be travelling by etihad airways from Chicago. Plz give your inputs.

2. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Pay the money and get the seat. Summer is peak travel season. You won't find empty seats on the plane.

L

3. sanjuruby3

sanjuruby3 Platinum IL'ite

Hi OP
    Jul is the peak season for US- India traffic as summer vacation in schools in US, which is why tickets are also little expensive.

Along with myself with my 1 yr old, I know many of my friends are travelling with their kids in Jul.

You can try your luck in odd hours flights like weekdays, if you have not booked flights But again I know many Indian people flying on weekdays for same reasons - cheaper tickets, and less traffic. And also look for seats in the back which are many times empty. Since she is old enough, you do not need bassinet anymore. Check the airlines website.

If you are travelling alone with kid, I would suggest book a ticket for her.

4. saraswathy9

saraswathy9 New IL'ite

Thank you very much for your advice.. Will follow the same.

5. ru1987

ru1987 New IL'ite

Hey hiee . i too sugest to buy ticket for your baby so that u both vl b comfrtable .. gud luck n safe jrney