Dismiss Notice
Wondering what to pack in your kids Lunch Box? Download a collection of - 100 Kids Lunchbox Recipes
Dismiss Notice
Seek the blessings of Sai Baba - Join the 2017 Weekly Sai Satcharita Parayan held by our Community Friends!

Need Recipe For Thengai Dosai

Discussion in 'Cuisines of India' started by Sweety82, Jan 8, 2017.

1. Sweety82

Sweety82 Silver IL'ite

Hi all,
    can anyone pls give recipe for thengai dosai? I need to have the consistency to prepare like ordinary rice dosai only but not like rava dosai.

Thank you

2. Nonya

Nonya Bronze IL'ite

You must cool down the tawa between dosas. [this is not clearly shown on video] Otherwise spreading the batter would be a tough thing. If you add batter to a tawa that is too hot, you will scramble the batter when you try to spread.
    1. Remove the done dosa.
    2. sprinkle a handful of water on the tawa to steam off the excess heat. when all the water is gone, pour a large spoon of batter, spread the batter, add some oil.
    3. raise the flame up to brown side 1. When side 1 is done, lower the flame, turnover the dosa.
    4. go to step 1.

3. Sweety82

Sweety82 Silver IL'ite

Hi @Nonya thank you very much for the recipe. I have been doing regular dosa these days. I had it when i wan in my aunt house, but forgot to ask..
    Thank U

4. Nonya

Nonya Bronze IL'ite

While "regular" dosai is made from fermented batter, this coconut dosai is made from unfermented batter. The advantage of the latter is that it minimizes stomach bloating, and gases. I would recommend grinding in a few cloves of garlic with the rice-urad mix. Garlic is a known curative for gas (flatulence). You can also use garlic in the coconut dosai mix.