1. Looking for an Interesting Craft Project? : Plethora of Ideas
    Dismiss Notice

Need kolam designs for beginners

Discussion in 'Rangoli / Kolam' started by mallugal, Aug 4, 2011.

1. mallugal

mallugal Senior IL'ite

Hi ladies

I am from Kerala my husband is Tamil. My problem with kolam starts here... I see a lot of kolam designs out here but nothing for beginners like me. I wud really love to see some simple designs tht ppl like me can practice on. Also I dunno anything abt which kolam shud be drawn in the front door and which shud not be. I totally clueless...wud love to see some designs tht u guys use on a daily basis :)

2. Sudha Kailas

Sudha Kailas IL Hall of Fame

3. rsmadras

rsmadras Bronze IL'ite

hi dear mallugal... these r very simple ones. hope this would help u.
    u could see endless varieties here in the forum. check once again. plz do reply whether i did good to u!:)

Attached Files:

4. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mallugal,

There are so so many kolams(both simple and complex) available in IL...but you really need patience to browse through the sections but the search is worth...i personally have taken many simple kolams from IL and started my practise with them...so please search for the kolams...there are many ILs who would have started a new thread to show their creations..many of them are simple ones...please look into them

for more,you can visit ikolam website...there,its a little more organised and you can browse as per your requirement..please check out the site :)

5. mallugal

mallugal Senior IL'ite

Thank You Ladies :)

Thanks a lot rsmadras..just what i was looking for. I've started putting kolams in our front door...im sure my neighbours hav no clue at all :) I was looking for something small and simple.

6. rsmadras

rsmadras Bronze IL'ite

Hi friend Mallugal, thanks. and happy to know that you ve started to draw kolams.

as soon as u asked i drew this in a paper and posted here. Do let me know if u are comfortable with this type of posting. I ll try to put some more.
    Do visit all IL kolams. Even if it is big ones, u can find small part of it as a simple daily kolam. U ll get lot of ideas and for sure u ll start your own designs quite soon. all the best.

7. mallugal

mallugal Senior IL'ite

Thank You Thank You rsmadras...I really love this. My hubby absolutely adores it And i do liked all ur kolams and hav copied them to a note and i keep drawing them...My 3 yr old will be watching me soo curiously. Thanks a ton :)