1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Need info abt good Indian grocery store in Edmonton

Discussion in 'Indians in Canada' started by depma, Nov 30, 2009.

1. SrideviSuriya

SrideviSuriya New IL'ite

hi bubbly,
    How r u? I hope u'll be enjoying the climate. Am a busy home- mom taking care of two kids so i couldn't go for work. am always at home. so how about u? how do u like here? u can contact me at 250 2625 give me a call so we can meet.

2. arthibharath1

arthibharath1 New IL'ite

Hello Grace3, depma, sridevi, bubbly.

I am arthi and iam from san francisco , bay area . Basically from chennai . I have a 16month son .
    We had applied for Alberta Immigration - PR in 2009 and just got our visa stamped in passport and we are planning on doing the landing process this summer.
    I have been reading your threads and seriously dreaming of making friends with you all . Need help in our landing , and PR cards, SIN and hospital.

Accomodation & address for mails
    *we are hesitant staying in a hotel . We are looking for some kind of a short rental for 3 weeks or for a month. Please let me know if you have any information.

Places to see
    *please suggest us some places to see and any events if any. Also please point to any indian / tamil community information.

Looking forward to make more friends.

3. SrideviSuriya

SrideviSuriya New IL'ite

Hi Arthi,
    Welcome to Canada. I talked with one of my friend she said that one of her friend is having a basement of 2 bedrooms with all facilities including internet, electricity, water etc., She has accepted for a short period. So When r u planning to land here?see my posts and give a call. The rent is $900/- i think it's expensive but not sure, bcs i have no idea since am too new to the place. About the PR and other things no need to worry when u come here it'll be very easy. We r very happy to have a New friend here, My Hearty Wishes to u and ur Family.
    And about places there is a big mall and i have heard there are so many places to see in and around Edmonton, so come soon and join us. About Tamil community There is a Mahaganapathy temple here if u go there u get information about the community since we r not a member i don't know much about that.

4. arthibharath1

arthibharath1 New IL'ite

Wow!!! Thats a good news.

Sridevi, can you please share your friends contact and ask her if she have pictures of the place for rent?

We are planning to land Mid / late July , hope your friend have it for rent till then.

Also please share your contact , we will stay in touch.

5. SrideviSuriya

SrideviSuriya New IL'ite

Hi Arthi,

I think they don't have photos but let me ask my friend and confirm u. u have to use edmonton code and just have a look in the quote msg, waiting to hear from u. TAKE CARE.

6. arthibharath1

arthibharath1 New IL'ite

So kind of you, sure we will talk soon.

7. kalikaey

kalikaey New IL'ite

Hello everyone,

This seems to be a great platform to get to know people. My name is madhoo and plan to move to canada next year by april/may (would that be a right time to land??)

my husband and i have just been granted
    PR visa to canada and we plan to settle in alberta, edmonton or calgary????!!!!!!! by profession i am a counselling psychologist and have 7 years of work experience working with schools here in mumbai, india...more like a school psychologist. I did my Masters in psychology from mumbai university..

hope to meet a lot of intresting people on this forum and hopefully can continue the relationship once we are in canada....can anyone help me give a view on edmonton and calgary...we really do not know much....like how are these two places different from each other......the job situation....my husband works as a store manager here...and would like to take up a trade course once in canada ....have heard NAIT is good in edmonton.......

can you'll help us with the rentals how much would a 1 bhk house/apatment rent be like what would be a good neighbourhood.....actually this will be the first time ever that i will be getting out of india ...hence a bit nervous!!!!!!!

apologies for a long post as well.......will be grateful for your inputs

warm regards.

madhoo

8. preethis1588

preethis1588 New IL'ite

hi all i am new to edmonton can u please tell where to get panju thiri in edmonton to lit up swami lamps .. pls tell where to get agarpathi and camphor too , i m from chennai

9. SrideviSuriya

SrideviSuriya New IL'ite

Hi Preethi,
    Welcome to Edmonton. Me too from chennai, Madurai. Actually we don't get Panjuthiri here. We get Noolthiri which i didn't like so i got cotton balls and made panjuthiri and all our indian grocery will get here in SPICE CENTER and in that compound u have couple of grocery store Thousand Spices( Kereala store) u'll get ponni rice too
    SPICE CENTER
    9280 34 Avenue NW
    Edmonton, AB T6E 5P2
    Hope u got ur info.
    Take Care
    Bye.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2012
  10. preethis1588

preethis1588 New IL'ite

Thank u sri devi .. can u please tell beauty parlour in edmonton .. A good one for hair cut waxing and eyebrows .. pls give address too .. which place are u in edmonton ..