1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Need Ideas For Housewarming Gift For Aunt And Uncle

Discussion in 'Parents & Siblings' started by generic, May 26, 2016.

1. generic

generic Gold IL'ite

My aunt and uncle whom I'm very fond of , had invited me for their housewarming ceremony last year which I was unable to attend. They went abroad awhile ago for long term job assignment in U.S and settling down there for a few years.
    I'm going to get a chance to meet them shortly when they come n vacation here, and want to pass on a good gift for house warming, which would be useful to them in the U.S.
    Looking for gift ideas within 2000 INR.
    Gift should not be too heavy, as they may face difficulty in taking heavy items due to weight restrictions.
    Gift vouchers are ruled out.
    Please suggest what I can present them , which will be useful in the U.S., preferably for household use.. I was thinking about a dinner set, or some silver item. But I am unable to come up with many ideas,so pls help.

2. sravanitenali

sravanitenali IL Hall of Fame

Op,

If they like Brass decorative pieces you can gift them that or any ethnic decorative pieces which is hard to find in US.

sindmani and generic like this.
  3. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

You can get a set of embroidered or mirror work cushion covers or some table placements.

4. KashmirFlower

KashmirFlower IL Hall of Fame

May be silver set for pooja , like deepams , thali with kumkum haldi, agarbathi stand, prasadam bowls, etc whatever is comes in budget

Or gods pratimas of silver or panchaloha

5. Ishita

Ishita Gold IL'ite

Most household items are readily available in the States. Why not consider a reasonable sized photo frame in which you can set some memorable family photos. This will make a good gift and at the same time, they'll be able to take some precious memories along with them.

sindmani, generic and KashmirFlower like this.
  6. generic

generic Gold IL'ite

Nice idea..my aunt is very religious and would make good use of these Pooja items.

sindmani likes this.
  7. JaniTomas

JaniTomas New IL'ite

Gifts are different: some items can be used in everyday life, the other - in special cases, and there are gifts and souvenirs, which is pleasant to decorate his house. Gift Mooments: Buy & Send a Gift Card or Voucher Online in Singapore - it is not just valuable, original and useful thing. Gift - it is also a sign of respect, a way to express feelings and attitude toward the person to attend and share his joy at the momentous events of the holiday.

generic likes this.
  8. dimhere

dimhere Gold IL'ite

Good contemporary model of Ganesha or Krishna (made of lightweight wood or paper-mache) which can be a centerpiece or a conversation starter in a home.

I have given a gift of a Ganesha face (elephant face) playing the flute with a red turban (like Krishna), so in effect it is a mix of Ganesh and Krishna which people in the US absolutely adored.