1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Need guidance regarding hot Lunches

Discussion in 'Schoolgoers & Teens' started by gray, Sep 8, 2010.

1. gray

gray New IL'ite

My kid is now in 4th grade and I always pack lunch for her. Once in a while I ask her about the number of students buying lunches. She says except for 5-10 kids everyone else are buying hot lunches. Do older kids stop taking lunch from home? Would that be embarassing for them? She doesn't mind either way, so I am not sure if I should switch.

2. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Some older kids do stop taking lunch to school - it is their choice really. If your child is comfortable taking and has not complained, you should let it be. You can also include an option of buy lunch one or two days a week, if you wish. As the kids gets older, you will face many of these issues which really are not....issues. Now a days my friends with older kids seem to be caught with the question of should their girls only wear aeropostale, A&F clothing, when should they get the cell phone etc...I infact asked one of the kids who wears the clothing that what do they think of kids who don't wear A&F clothing and she said, nothing really...it is her choice!! Feeling comfortable in what we do and showing it to our kids matters the most. So you are just fine!!!