Need guidance regarding a venduthal

Discussion in 'Queries on Religion & Spirituality' started by InduPavan, Dec 19, 2011.

1. InduPavan

InduPavan New IL'ite

Dear All,

I sincerely request you to help me with this issue :

Three years ago , i had a venduthal to Lord Aiyappa that if my marriage gets thro with no issues, I shall stop eating non veg once for all. By his grace , my marriage also happened without no issues.

Right now , I am facing too many health issues and the Doc says that I should take Animal protein . But I am not ready to give up my venduthal.

Can you pls guide me , what will happen if dont keep up my venduthal to lord ?

pls... help me.. i am so worried

thank you.

2. lgirish

lgirish Platinum IL'ite

Please go for a second opinion since this involves your sentiments too. Even though you are not taking n v you might be having milk, cheese etc which are also animal products indirectly. You may try to find out if protein is available in pill form. In this way you won`t feel guilty. There are many strict vegetarians and vegans who maintain excellent health. You won`t believe- my niece is married to a European who is a strict vegetarian. He`s very fond of Hindu culture and follows it too. He only has very faint memories of eating eggs in his childhood. Though they live in US they avoid onions, garlic and non organic food. They take more salads, fruits and natural food as much as possible. Initially my sis who visited her was doubtful if the food would be sumptuous but later got used to it and wants to practice it in India too. There should be definitely be some solution. Don`t worry. You will be alright soon.

3. sudhasuresh

sudhasuresh Silver IL'ite

Hi
    U can take protein drink which is available in market

sudha

4. mlsruthi

mlsruthi Silver IL'ite

Hi

All the protiens are available in veggies itself(Beans is said to be rich in protiens and it is used as protien rich food for dietary purpose).

Your daily requirement of high protien vegetable is
    One cup of cooked soybeans (29 gms of protein), lentils (18 gms of protein), black beans (15 gms of protein), kidney beans (13 gms of protein), chickpeas (12 gms of protein), veggie baked beans (12 gms of protein), pinto beans (12 gms of protein), black-eyed peas (11 gms of protein), peas (9 gms of protein), spinach (5 gms of protein) and broccoli (4 gms of protein) should all be eaten

So just add protien rich veggies to your diet so that you can also keep up the woe.

Cheers

Sruthi

1 person likes this.
  5. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

Dear InduPavan,

Sister Shruti's post mentions what can be supplemented from Veggies itself still explore for yourself what can be substituted for the intake you need it solves your issue, What if you were a vegetarian from birth, doctor would have suggested something what you would be prefer to eat.

Vow is more important, you keep up your vow with confidence in Lord, he will take care of your health seeing your vairaghya for the vow.

Enjoy being a vegetarian,

6. nilasisu

nilasisu Bronze IL'ite

hai indhupavan ,

u can take protein supplement i.e in the form of protein powder.organic protein powder u can take.

7. malaswami

malaswami Platinum IL'ite

Dharma Sastras permit a person who is ill or under medication should go with Physician's methods.
    Devathas / Adhidevathas exclude persons on medication, old aged men above 70 and kids below 5 from these breaking of vows....

God bless